First Find! 2nd 3rd 4th Lol

Chaos Team

GPS came today I loaded up some way points and we were off to finding 4 of them the last one a 10:45 at night in the woods it was fun.

A question is there a trick or software for loading the waypoints into my GPSr "Legend CX" instead of hand entering them all?

Thanks

A premium membership for ~$3/mo will help a LOT. That being said, from the cache page, you can download GPX files.

Open those files in EasyGPS (easiest way to get started) from http://www.easygps.com

You should have received a data cable with your new GPS. You need that on the PC and hooked to the Legend.

Use EasyGPS to send the coordinates to the GPS.

That's the easy getting started method. Once you master that, we can start exploring things like sending hundreds of waypoints and hints and that kinda thing to your gpsr.

Welcome to the addiction!

GPS came today I loaded up some way points and we were off to finding 4 of them the last one a 10:45 at night in the woods it was fun.

A question is there a trick or software for loading the waypoints into my GPSr "Legend CX" instead of hand entering them all?

Thanks

For more help on Caching and the basics to downloading waypoints to your GPS , I suggest that you head to

http://www.geocacher-u.com/101/firsthunt2.html and do some reading. They will explain the how to of everything.

ENJOY,

IronmOn

Thanks

For more help on Caching and the basics to downloading waypoints to your GPS , I suggest that you head to

http://www.geocacher-u.com/101/firsthunt2.html and do some reading. They will explain the how to of everything.

ENJOY,

IronmOn

I checked out this site but it only told how to hand enter the coords.

Another program that works well (free to start, and then either a minimal fee to register, or else nag screens, but still free to use) is GSAK - Geocaching Swiss Army Knife. For the Legend, GSAK works very well - we've not had any issues with it. We've never used EasyGPS, so not sure if there are pros/cons for one over the other.

You don't have to have a premium membership, but it helps keep the site running and makes things easier.

You can download .LOC files without premium membership. I used to download a LOC file for every cache I was interested in, open them all in Easy GPS, and copy & paste all the separate entries into one sheet. Select 'em all, and send to my Etrex Legend.

IMO, one Pocket Query per month pays for my premium membership in saved time.