Magellan Geocaching Adventure 2006?

Has any body heard if Magellan is going to have their Geocaching event this summer? I checked on their web site & the wording they use tends to make me feel they may not be. :o I'd thought they'd make an announcement by now if they were. :lol: I've tried two out of the three years & both times it was a real hoot. Anybody heard? Thanks

Has any body heard if Magellan is going to have their Geocaching event this summer? I checked on their web site & the wording they use tends to make me feel they may not be. :unsure: I'd thought they'd make an announcement by now if they were. ;) I've tried two out of the three years & both times it was a real hoot. Anybody heard? Thanks

I haven't heard anything. Yet! But I am waiting and hoping.

Also, I am looking for the clues from 2005's Cleveland Cache in the Hinckley Reservation

Has any body heard if Magellan is going to have their Geocaching event this summer? I checked on their web site & the wording they use tends to make me feel they may not be. :ph34r: I'd thought they'd make an announcement by now if they were. B) I've tried two out of the three years & both times it was a real hoot. Anybody heard? Thanks

I haven't heard anything. Yet! But I am waiting and hoping.

Also, I am looking for the clues from 2005's Cleveland Cache in the Hinckley Reservation

Hi Papade...here's 05 clues on Hinkley:

" clue 1 TRICK QUESTION:As this great summer Geocaching Adventure comes to a close, Mom, Dad and I returned

to where we began: the library. Having already arrived in the great city of our final

Adventure we attempted to trace the origins of a series of the Greatest Americans. I read

up on 19, 20, 23, 25, 27 and 29 while Dad looked up some historic news clippings.

Dad, who has always been great historybuff found the Last Newspaper dated April 24,

1865, chronicling the dark side of a would-be assassin.

Dad read a couple of quotes from the page and then turned to me and said “you should

begin by answering Groucho’s famous trick question:

Who’s buried in Grant’s tomb?”

Anthony A.

Much in common

Our research led us outside the library and into the Public Square. We went to a

monument to the Civil War fallen. The names of 9000 men who served are carved in the

interior. I saw 16 there. The image seemed to speak to me saying:

“11 faced it. 5 realized it. 1 told about it.”

Nearby was another image of a Major General with much in common. Even though I

know how much history gained from the tragic events commemorated there, the

knowledge did not overcome the sorrow I felt in that place.You may be able to see what I saw in some virtual tour but there is nothing better than to

BE THERE.

As the buzzards began to circle, I told Dad that there is another grave we must visit.

Anthony A.

REI Bonus Clue : Over And over, Carol Jean leads to Alfred.

Dutch

The Geo-Pack joined us at N41°30.610,W81°35.500 to pay respects to 20 and help us on

our Adventure to uncover the forgotten treasure in the area. Dutch, the leader of the Pack handed me an XMODS. “Happy Birthday,” he said. “Sorry

I missed it while you were in Germany.” Chip Ganassi was written on the side of the

customized XMODS along with a number. He took us to a nearby raceway for a little

play time.

“I know how you love puzzles so I’ve placed a clue for you to find here in the park,”

Dutch told me. “If you can BE THERE it will get you Home as easy as 1-2-3.” He turned

the XMODS over to show me these coordinates, written on the undercarriage:

N41°09.ye0,War°50.5rc

“All you need to know is the year the story was told and the RC number. From that

waypoint it’s only .31 miles to the treasure if you raced a straight line to full-scale.”

This is a tough one. But I always like a challenge.

Anthony A.

Time travel

Even in sorrow and mourning the American Spirit thrives. Booth, Guiteau, Czolgosz and

Oswald failed to stop freedom and progress in spite of their evil deeds. In every case

America went on to become stronger, learning from history and mending ways.

My dad says that even if I could travel through Time and somehow stop them, I would

have to consider if I should.

Anthony A."

you lucked out....magellan game" still on my old computer. If magellan is looking in, my 2 cents....lets play it again!!!!! cked web site and NO INFO so doesn't look promising.

maybe we'll have to get a few other players and devise our own game.....latter