Bend, Or - Discussion/hiking

nostrada

Howdy y'all.

After having moved from the Bay Area to Bend last year I am finally ready to dust off my GPS and setup some PQs. Are there any geocaching resources for the Bend area I should know off? I couldn't find a Central Oregon topic in the forums.

I'd love to go for some hikes in the area, maybe start with something gentle and build up to 12-14 miles or so. I can only go during the week, from Tuesday-Thursday basically. Anyone interested?

Is there a local approver?

Cheers

Welcome to Oregon! Although I can't help too much with Bend area info (I wish I had your problem!), I can offer an invite to visit the green side of the Cascades to stretch your legs on some of my hiking-oriented caches. Let me know if you plan to visit, and I'll try to play tour guide!

- Pablo Mac

We came through Bend two summers ago on a caching trip through central OR and loved it! We thought Bend was a beautiful city and have talked about going back again this summer to do some rafting. There is a public art series of caches there that inspired us to put out an art series of our own. Can't remember the name of the park in the middle of the city, but it was awesome.

We came through Bend two summers ago on a caching trip through central OR and loved it! We thought Bend was a beautiful city and have talked about going back again this summer to do some rafting. There is a public art series of caches there that inspired us to put out an art series of our own. Can't remember the name of the park in the middle of the city, but it was awesome.

I totally agree, which is the reason I am here and not in the Bay Area anymore. I'll have to look into the local caches, but I am really looking for some nice hikes. I have done sooooo many urban caches ( too many for my taste, but it was just too tempting down there)