Canada's First Cache Geocoins

Olar

My apologies if there is another discussion thread already on the subject but when I got home from work today my geocoin order had arrived in the mail from Nova Scotia. These coins are magnificent and I just had to get on here immediately to say thanks and give a tip-of-the-cap to the organizers/designers.

I would love to attend the event in June but at the present time it's not looking too promising but you just never know what may happen between now and then.

Thanks again, Olar

Got mine today too.

I gotta be honest, I was very surprised how nice it was. I was not expecting anything near this well made. I've never been all that keen on coins, but if this is any indication of what coins have become, then I'm glad this was the first one I bought. Very attractive and not gawdy.

Also, I really appreciate way the coordinates were used instead of the GC#. Sweet! :lol:

:o The Blue Quasar

Edited by The Blue Quasar

Got mine last week. Couldn't agree more with what Olar and BQ said. I'm going to mount two of the coins (front and back) along with the certificate I received after logging that cache a couple of summers ago. :lol:

While that coin is terrific, I'm not so impressed with the new Canada geocoin I got last week as well. Looked better on the web page than it does "in person". -sigh- :o

Great job to the First Cache coin creators! :o

I'm not so impressed with the new Canada geocoin I got last week as well. Looked better on the web page than it does "in person". -sigh- :o

Dude, go search for the original Canada Geocoin threads and warn people that it is an overpriced piece of junk. Don't let others pay good money for it, if it looks as horrible as you say. Bad geocoins should not be rewarded.

I'm not so impressed with the new Canada geocoin I got last week as well. Looked better on the web page than it does "in person". -sigh- :o

Dude, go search for the original Canada Geocoin threads and warn people that it is an overpriced piece of junk. Don't let others pay good money for it, if it looks as horrible as you say. Bad geocoins should not be rewarded.

Hmm... "overpriced piece of junk"... "horrible"

Not my words. :lol:

You have something against geocoins.ca maybe? :o

I just said I wasn't impressed. When compared with the First Cache coin. I will however keep one of the coins I ordered. The other two will find their way into a cache, or another cachers collection.

:o

Edited by TrimblesTrek

I am glad to hear you are happy with the coin!

We wanted it made and produced in Canada and the local company did an excellant job with it!

I hope people are making plans to come down to the event and celebrate with us Atlantic Canadians!

(There are rumors that we know how to party!!)

Here is the link to the event GCV46W 6th Anniversity of Geocaching in Canada

Cheers,

The Lost Geeks

ps. There are still coins available at Atlantic Geocaching Association