Gay Cruising Spots

This is my second experience with this.

Since I cache alone and am generally pretty absent-minded, I usually don't notice what is going on until it is too late.

I am used to people being interested in what I am doing while caching, but when the starring and following starts it gets pretty creepy and scarry.

My second experience was at a local wetland reservation where I wanted to place a cache.

It irks me that I can't enjoy these places without being bothered.

What do you do? Here is the solution. If someone solicits you, tell them you are straight and not interested. That should end it right there. If it doesn't, do like you would if a woman was soliciting you and would not stop hounding you. Get in your car and leave, or call the police.

You can enjoy these places. So can they.

I think most everyone who has posted to this thread has been completely disrespectful to the gay community by the way they have made little jokes and portrayed them as aggressive sexual animals. Yeah, maybe some of you were approached by someone who wanted to score. The only problem is, you may willingly or not gave them signals you were interested. Here is an example.........you backed into the parking spot, then you waved at them, then you kept looking at them. If you were them, what would you think? If I were gay and these were signs, I would say hey, Bob over there looks interested in some action. He backed in, waved me over and kept looking my way. Maybe he is just playing hard to get.

I think you guys are forgetting something, gay people at certain parks have been around a lot longer than geocaching. You are encroaching on them, not them encroaching on you.

OK, I've read through about half of the threads now and this response has to be the most ridiculous.

I can't wave hello to people anymore?

These places belong to ALL of us and should not be taken over by anyone for their selfish reasons.

I fixed it for you. Now explain to me how they are being selfish and you are not?

Fixed it??? Or changed it to reflect how you heard it??

I read through it twice, and never heard the inflection you just added.

Sorry, I've been silent other than a few laughs, but don't change the words of someone's post to reflect how you choose to hear it.

After rereading this, I think maybe I took the comment out of context and apoligize. I fixed the original quoting here and above.

Edited by 5¢

By the way, which version of the bible bans cruising?? Twelve years of Catholic school and I never heard, "Thou shalt not cruise". Must be in the Dead Sea scrolls, or i slept during that part.

I believe it's the part that specifies marriage is between a man and a woman and that you shouldn't have sex until married. Pretty much limits the situations when you are allowed to have sex. I also don't see anywhere in the bible that specifically says, "Thou shalt not have sex with 10 year old kids". Let's use our brains here and not be so legalistic.

Oh dear. Why did you go and throw religion in the mix. You've done it now.

Well, there is that part where it says it's OK for young daughters to get their father drunk and have sex with him. It's right after the part where his (lot's) wife gets needlessly executed just for looking back at the place she once called her home. Silly emotional woman, failing to obey. She deserved it.

Oh, yeah, that was the same lot that offered his daughters up to the town for sex, because it was impolite for the townfolk to expect sex from the two visitors. For that Lot was rewarded by being saved from the fate of the rest of the town...

Makes perfect sense to me.

I have to know - Where does it say it's okay to get your father drunk and have sex with him? Apparently bashing is okay to you in certain circumstances? Like when it's against the Bible? Read the scripture and quote it for me where it says its "OK" to do this? It's interesting that you quote scripture when you probably don't even believe it. Tsk Tsk Tsk.

You ought to look at yourself and figure out why you lump these sicko's in the park and committed couples in the same bucket. YOU ARE THE BIGOT

Sicko's ??? Just because they don't subscribe to what your bible says about marriage?

You ought to look at yourself and figure out why you lump these sicko's in the park and committed couples in the same bucket. YOU ARE THE BIGOT

Sicko's ??? Just because they don't subscribe to what your bible says about marriage?

You are kidding right? Two strangers out in the woods who have never met doing the nasty for people to walk upon and then leaving their condoms around for others to find. YES. I define that as SICKO behavior. Sheesh. Get off your bible bashing kick and use your brain.

These places belong to ALL of us and should not be taken over by anyone for their selfish reasons.

So if I found a bunch of people flying kites in the park, and one or two of them asked me if I'd like to fly a kite with them, and I was too freaked out by it to give them a straightforward answer of "no"...

Then I mistook their asking again for their being too aggressive and refusing to give up...

Should I then run to the cops and say that these kite fliers are "taking over" the park?

So if I found a bunch of people flying kites in the park, and one or two of them asked me if I'd like to fly a kite with them, and I was too freaked out by it to give them a straightforward answer of "no"...

Then I mistook their asking again for their being too aggressive and refusing to give up...

Should I then run to the cops and say that these kite fliers are "taking over" the park?

There you go again. Comparing flying kites to strangers having sex in public places and leaving used condoms around. I have to assume you are trying to be funny, because otherwise.... Well, Mommy taught me to be nice.

Ok, let's stop feeding the troll here...

This is so ridiculous. B)

I would like to add more observations from my experience in owning and finding caches in areas where questionable activity is taking place. But I am not sure if this thread remains the place in which I'm able to do this. That's too bad.

Go ahead Lep,

There are still a few of us that are open to reasonable discussion. Ignore the trolls, and keep the discussion going.

If money is the root of all evil then why do they always pass the collection plate at chruches and temples? B)

The love of money is the root of all evil. Difference in meaning.

A root. not THE root. Unless you read the King James, which is a poor translation at best.

If money is the root of all evil then why do they always pass the collection plate at chruches and temples? B)

A root. not THE root. Unless you read the King James, which is a poor translation at best.

Now you're the biblical scholar eh?

I had a similar post to this one all typed out earlier, but discarded it since I was afraid it would stir the pot too much.

So, now that I have donned my flame-retardant suit, I think I will post it. (If you are reading this, then I did post it!) B)

Anyway, it strikes me as kind of interesting that some members are getting so upset, and making ludicrous comparisons to the behaviour we are discussing to things like kite flying. (Headybrew, I am not trying to single you out, but yours was the most recent comment, so it is fresh in my mind.)

I find it interesting that people get surprised or offended at other peoples disgust. Like it or not, many of us are disgusted by this behaviour. I would be disgusted to walk upon anyone having sex in the woods, but if I am being totally honest, I would be more disgusted discovering 2 men together. I don't think calling me a homophobe here would be appropriate since I am not afraid, it just offends me.

Now, to make another point, people have varying degrees of tolerance, and you bashing them for their threshold of tolerance, or their beliefs is exactly the same thing as the gay bashing they are accused of.

As you may have guessed by my avatar, I am a Christian, and, just in case you don't know, I am a man.

I wanted to clarify that before I gave my next example. I have a really close friend that is a gay man. We get along really well, and enjoy each others company. I do not approve of his lifestyle, and he is aware of it, but our friendship still survives! The reason I bring this up, is we have had to set boundaries for ourselves. When we are out somewhere, and he sees a good looking guy, he will elbow me and say, "Wow, look at that hottie over there!" However, on the occasions when conversations about his boyfriend would come up, if he drifted into conversation about their intimate life, the visual image I would get would really bother me, so he respects that, and just doesn't go there. Does this make our relationship shallow? You may say yes, but we don't feel that way. We just respect each others boundaries and sensibilities.

Back to my main pointl. Some of you may not like it, but many people are offended by certain behaviours. That is just as much our right as it is for others to engage it their preferred activities...as long as it is within the law.

Now you're the biblical scholar eh?

Ok, HeadyBrew - "The Love of Money is *A* root of all evil" is the correct translation. I just looked at young's literal translation as well as doing a little word study in E-Sword. Although, King James also shows it this way. I was not able to find a version at all that had "THE" root of all evil.

I guess you aren't completely ignorant :ph34r:

Edited by ReadyOrNot

Warnings ignored, topic so far in so many directions, I won't even try to get this back on track.

This is an interesting topic, and I hope you will continue it on a more appropriate site (read: not here).

Thanks folks.

Edited by Moose Mob