Gay Cruising Spots

By the way, when I am in such parks dong cache maintenance on those occasions when I am in the kind of grim evil antisocial mood where I do not even want people looking at me, before I exit my car, I simply don my hardhat, safety vest, tool belt, and gloves, and carry my clipboard and GPSr prominently. Everyone disappears; the park empties out in less than two minutes.

A hardhat, toolbelt, and clipboard - instant invisibility cloaking. As well as a master key to just about everything in the world! My favorite!

Right, that might help to be ignored, go to a GCS dressed as one of the The Village People. ;)

Y'know, when I first wore that outfit, I actually wondered if that might actually accidentally be an attractant for some of the park denizens due to the Villag People thing, but I gambled on a gut sense that most observers -- particularly any who were a bit nervous about their intentions or their activities -- would assume that I was some kind of city employee or contractor and that I was there on official business, and would therefore keep their distance. So far, my gut sense has been correct, and ALL the various inhabitants of the park -- from across about a dozen different subcultures or segments of urban society -- have left me alone, and the majority of the park visitors immediately walk quickly to their vehicles and leave the park. Course, it might actually be due to the fact that I am exceptionally ugly, and balding and gap-toothed to boot! :unsure:B)B)B)B):)

You know, that's a good idea. I am a city employee (water treatment plant operator). Maybe I should start wearing my ID prominently when I head into city parks.

Completly offtopic, but this thread is heading for lockdown soon anyway.

lat year at GW3 in JAX we made t-shirts for Team CHB in navy blue and using the exact same font and size as the FBI and SWAT teams-so the back simply said CHB in large white letters. We were riding in a large white unmarked (except for the Team CHB magnets) rental van with two laptops-one with an external antenna on the roof with a flashing LED, and FRS radios and headsets.

At one point in the evening we arrived at a small urban park to seek two caches, one in the front and one further inside. There was a fair amount of recreational and hanging out activity going on. Quickly word spread through the park that "the po_lice were here-one girl even asked if we were. :unsure: . We had no trouble clearing a path to seek that one and no one wanted to be anywhere near us during the time we were there looking. Perhaps this is the Anti-Village People attire? ;)

Edited by wimseyguy

Isn't it remarkable that threads discussing gays, guns and micros get a lot of activity?

You forgot religion. :unsure:

How's this to keep this thread going for another 2-3 pages?

The Good Book says cruising is immoral. You can't find anything like that there about caching! B)

If money is the root of all evil then why do they always pass the collection plate at chruches and temples? ;)

Religion has deep roots!

Following is NOT ok. And imagine if they knew his nickname was Cowboy X! :unsure:

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. My handle comes from a Sesame Street cartoon that I happen to have fond memories of from childhood.

Cowboys, Rainbows, and my Park - all hijacked.

Anyway, I never thought I would get such a response and I haven't read all of the posts yet.

As for what I did, I called the local police, the officer giggled and told me that it wasn't their jurisdiction and that I should call the state police - which I did.

I also emailed the state agency that oversees the park and let them know.

By the way, which version of the bible bans cruising?? Twelve years of Catholic school and I never heard, "Thou shalt not cruise". Must be in the Dead Sea scrolls, or i slept during that part.

I believe it's the part that specifies marriage is between a man and a woman and that you shouldn't have sex until married. Pretty much limits the situations when you are allowed to have sex. I also don't see anywhere in the bible that specifically says, "Thou shalt not have sex with 10 year old kids". Let's use our brains here and not be so legalistic.

Oh dear. Why did you go and throw religion in the mix. You've done it now.

Edited by ReadyOrNot

I shuddered when I saw this topic. I immediately thought it should have simply been called "Cruising Spots". Yes, I have seen straight couples and gay couples having sex.

Well put!

I think most of the posts on this thread are balanced, in that they don't condone certain behaviors regardless of the orientation of the individuals involved. However, there are some that are indeed homophobic and downright hatefull. Some of those posts are obvious, in some, I don't think that the poster even realises how their statements are harmfull. :unsure:

Please remember, there are people of all orientations that are geocachers.

If putting down people that cruise around looking for un-attached sex acts offends you, then maybe you need to find a new hobby. I find heterosexual pre-marital sex offending, does that mean I find all heterosexuals offensive? Why do gays always have to lump themselves in the same bucket? I'm positive that not all gay people are out cruising around for park sex. You ought to look at yourself and figure out why you lump these sicko's in the park and committed couples in the same bucket. YOU ARE THE BIGOT

This is my second experience with this.

Since I cache alone and am generally pretty absent-minded, I usually don't notice what is going on until it is too late.

I am used to people being interested in what I am doing while caching, but when the starring and following starts it gets pretty creepy and scarry.

My second experience was at a local wetland reservation where I wanted to place a cache.

It irks me that I can't enjoy these places without being bothered.

What do you do? Here is the solution. If someone solicits you, tell them you are straight and not interested. That should end it right there. If it doesn't, do like you would if a woman was soliciting you and would not stop hounding you. Get in your car and leave, or call the police.

You can enjoy these places. So can they.

I think most everyone who has posted to this thread has been completely disrespectful to the gay community by the way they have made little jokes and portrayed them as aggressive sexual animals. Yeah, maybe some of you were approached by someone who wanted to score. The only problem is, you may willingly or not gave them signals you were interested. Here is an example.........you backed into the parking spot, then you waved at them, then you kept looking at them. If you were them, what would you think? If I were gay and these were signs, I would say hey, Bob over there looks interested in some action. He backed in, waved me over and kept looking my way. Maybe he is just playing hard to get.

I think you guys are forgetting something, gay people at certain parks have been around a lot longer than geocaching. You are encroaching on them, not them encroaching on you.

OK, I've read through about half of the threads now and this response has to be the most ridiculous.

I can't wave hello to people anymore?

These places belong to ALL of us and should not be taken over by anyone for their selfish reasons.

I'm not defending the public sex per se, but something tells me that this thread wouldn't be happening if it was a cacher who sumbled on a park where lots of straight people met to pick each other up.

Indeed, it is my thread and I have not found that place yet.

I started the thread as a single guy who was harrassed at a park when all I wanted was to be left alone.

In Kansas City we have an urban park that surrounds the only National WWI memorial in the U.S. For as long as I can remember, its been a very popular meeting place for homos. Looking closely at the picture, I can not understand what the attraction is ... :unsure:;)B)

Libertymemorial1.jpg

I shuddered when I saw this topic. I immediately thought it should have simply been called "Cruising Spots". Yes, I have seen straight couples and gay couples having sex.

Well put!

I think most of the posts on this thread are balanced, in that they don't condone certain behaviors regardless of the orientation of the individuals involved. However, there are some that are indeed homophobic and downright hatefull. Some of those posts are obvious, in some, I don't think that the poster even realises how their statements are harmfull. :unsure:

If putting down people that cruise around looking for un-attached sex acts offends you, then maybe you need to find a new hobby. I find heterosexual pre-marital sex offending, does that mean I find all heterosexuals offensive? Why do gays always have to lump themselves in the same bucket? I'm positive that not all gay people are out cruising around for park sex. You ought to look at yourself and figure out why you lump these sicko's in the park and committed couples in the same bucket. YOU ARE THE BIGOT

You had some good posts before, but you blew it here. Your true colors are showing.

CowboyX' date='May 2 2006, 12:32 PM' post='2188001']

I'm not defending the public sex per se, but something tells me that this thread wouldn't be happening if it was a cacher who sumbled on a park where lots of straight people met to pick each other up.

Indeed, it is my thread and I have not found that place yet.

I started the thread as a single guy who was harrassed at a park when all I wanted was to be left alone.

When I was a teen I had a guy try to pick me up. It was disturbing. If something makes you uncomfortable and makes you wonder what you did wrong it ain't right. Simple as that. Being able to discuss it helps. Being able to discuss something is a right thing regardless of how controversial it may be. Your post was fine.

Edited by Renegade Knight

Well put!

You had some good posts before, but you blew it here. Your true colors are showing.

Did you read the post? I'm stating that not all gays cruise around looking for uncommited sex. I think you need to re-read the post for what it was intented. I'm putting down people that have random sex in parks, not all gays and heterosexuals. I think you saw the "Pre-Marital Sex" comment and then judged me.. Didn't you? didn't you?

Ok, I've read all the posts now.

Needless to say I was disappointed with some, though I never expected such a response.

Some interesting suggestions, the least favorable being I should turn around and leave. If the choice is between geocaching and cruising (staright or gay), I choose geocaching.

My enjoyment of the park was clearly interfered with, does my presence in the park interfere with cruising?

If so, is that bad? What if I had wanted to play baseball in the park? Or watch birds?

Do what you want and let others do what they want.

If what they are doing is illegal, take the appropriate action. If not, move on or deal with it.

I haven't read more than a handful of posts in this thread because they always go the same way. I'm sure I could quote some verbatim from previous threads.

Search on the topic and you'll see that it quickly goes the same route.

Edit: typos. Too many arms.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Do what you want and let others do what they want.

If what they are doing is illegal, take the appropriate action. If not, move on or deal with it.

I haven't read more than a handful of posts in this thread because they always go the same way. I'm sure I could quote some verbatim from previous threads.

Search on the topic and you'll see that it quickly goes the same route.

Edit: typos. Too many arms.

How many times does it need to be said!!! Public sex acts are illegal.

Why this thread has not been locked is absolutely amazing to me. I'm assuming there are some moderators out there getting a good chuckle. (I know I am)

Edited by ReadyOrNot

Why this thread has not been locked is absolutely amazing to me. I'm assuming there are some moderators out there getting a good chuckle. (I know I am)

You mean despite the repeated violations of the terms of use in your posts?

If you object to the subject matter so deeply, read other threads. There is no need to deliberately try and derail the discussion.

<FINAL ATTEMPT TO LOCK THREAD>

What about people who have sex with animals? They don't have ANY clubs/stables they can go to to 'hook up'. Shouldn't they be protected also? If anyone says it's disgusting, then you are being closed minded and a bigot! People are just born that way and can't help that they have desires to pleasure themselves with livestock.

Sheesh! The world is so closed-minded

Well put!

I think most of the posts on this thread are balanced, in that they don't condone certain behaviors regardless of the orientation of the individuals involved. However, there are some that are indeed homophobic and downright hatefull. Some of those posts are obvious, in some, I don't think that the poster even realises how their statements are harmfull. :ph34r:

Did you read the post? I'm stating that not all gays cruise around looking for uncommited sex. I think you need to re-read the post for what it was intented. I'm putting down people that have random sex in parks, not all gays and heterosexuals. I think you saw the "Pre-Marital Sex" comment and then judged me.. Didn't you? didn't you?

B)

I never once lumped people cruising for sex in a park with people in a committed relationship!!! The identification of gays as being the only people resposible for such behavior is what I was speaking out against. That and all the bashing going on ... Comparing homosexuality to beastiality is extremely offensive. There is NO connection there, so why did you bring it up? To call me a bigot is the most laughable thing in the world!!! Really... trust me! :ph34r:

The main thing I wanted to get across in my post was that there are people of all orientations that geocache, ie. people of all orientations that read this thread.

Isn't it remarkable that threads discussing gays, guns and micros get a lot of activity?

You forgot religion. :ph34r:

The Good Book says cruising is immoral. You can't find anything like that there about caching! :ph34r:

If money is the root of all evil then why do they always pass the collection plate at chruches and temples? B)

This is an incorrect quotation. It is "The love of money is the root of all evil". Nothing wrong with money, per se.

I guess I'll get in again before this is locked. As I tried to point out using sarcasm on the first page of this thread, there are many disturbing activities that go on in parks or in undeveloped areas in or around cities and suburbs. Gay cruisers looking for casual sex is only one of many things you are likely to come across when geocaching. Sometime the activity is in clear violation of local laws and ordinances. In other cases, the activity is not illegal and may even be protected by the first ammendment. Still it is disturbing and some people would at least like to avoid the area if they know what is going on. If this thread was "What do you do when you come across illegal or disturbing behavior when you are caching" instead of "What do you do when you come across a gay cruising site", we may have had a well thought out discussion of how geocachers should handle this. Instead we got another thread of name calling. Thanks B)

...Did you read the post? I'm stating that not all gays cruise around looking for uncommited sex. I think you need to re-read the post for what it was intented. I'm putting down people that have random sex in parks, not all gays and heterosexuals. I think you saw the "Pre-Marital Sex" comment and then judged me.. Didn't you? didn't you?

Nope. It was your choice of bigots.

These places belong to ALL of us and should not be taken over by anyone for their selfish reasons.

Hear, hear! B)

I quite agree!

That sums it up. That's why I advocate caches in pickle parks, near drug use parks and so on. Make the presence of all of socienty known in the park. Not just the niche that has selected a site as their personal ground zero for their use.

This thread has crossed many boundaries way too many times.

Remember

- this is a family friendly site.

- discussion is good.

- personal attacks are bad.

- respect other people's opinions.

Last warning.

Thanks folks

You forgot religion. B)

The Good Book says cruising is immoral. You can't find anything like that there about caching! :ph34r:

If money is the root of all evil then why do they always pass the collection plate at chruches and temples? :ph34r:

This is an incorrect quotation. It is "The love of money is the root of all evil". Nothing wrong with money, per se.

Eh I'm quoting a bumper sticker I saw the other day. I got it right. Perhaps the sticker maker had another agenda? :mad:

I guess I'll get in again before this is locked. As I tried to point out using sarcasm on the first page of this thread, there are many disturbing activities that go on in parks or in undeveloped areas in or around cities and suburbs. Gay cruisers looking for casual sex is only one of many things you are likely to come across when geocaching. Sometime the activity is in clear violation of local laws and ordinances. In other cases, the activity is not illegal and may even be protected by the first ammendment. Still it is disturbing and some people would at least like to avoid the area if they know what is going on. If this thread was "What do you do when you come across illegal or disturbing behavior when you are caching" instead of "What do you do when you come across a gay cruising site", we may have had a well thought out discussion of how geocachers should handle this. Instead we got another thread of name calling. Thanks :ph34r:

Thanks for saying this so well! This, in essence, has been one of the primary messages in my posts: there are many things -- a good number of which may disturb you -- which go on in public parks, and gay cruising is only only of those many things. For some contributors to this thread, the use of the term "gay" in the original subject header seems to have served as a red flag.

Lastly, this thread will never be locked, because we are all -- moderators included -- laughing too hard at some of the comedic posts! B)

Since I cache alone and am generally pretty absent-minded, I usually don't notice what is going on until it is too late.

I am used to people being interested in what I am doing while caching, but when the starring and following starts it gets pretty creepy and scarry.

My second experience was at a local wetland reservation where I wanted to place a cache.

What do you do? Here is the solution. If someone solicits you, tell them you are straight and not interested. That should end it right there. If it doesn't, do like you would if a woman was soliciting you and would not stop hounding you. Get in your car and leave, or call the police.

I think most everyone who has posted to this thread has been completely disrespectful to the gay community by the way they have made little jokes and portrayed them as aggressive sexual animals. Yeah, maybe some of you were approached by someone who wanted to score. The only problem is, you may willingly or not gave them signals you were interested. Here is an example.........you backed into the parking spot, then you waved at them, then you kept looking at them. If you were them, what would you think? If I were gay and these were signs, I would say hey, Bob over there looks interested in some action. He backed in, waved me over and kept looking my way. Maybe he is just playing hard to get.

I think you guys are forgetting something, gay people at certain parks have been around a lot longer than geocaching. You are encroaching on them, not them encroaching on you.

OK, I've read through about half of the threads now and this response has to be the most ridiculous.

I fixed it for you. Now explain to me how they are being selfish and you are not?

Edited by 5¢

Lastly, this thread will never be locked, because we are all -- moderators included -- laughing too hard at some of the comedic posts! B)

Sorry, I am not laughing at all. It is an important subject and one that merits serious discussion. As stated in my earlier posts, it is an issue that affected me very directly and has influenced my geocaching ever since.

These places belong to ALL of us (who are not gay)and should not be taken over by anyone for their selfish reasons.

I fixed it for you. Now explain to me how they are being selfish and you are not?

Fixed it??? Or changed it to reflect how you heard it??

I read through it twice, and never heard the inflection you just added.

Sorry, I've been silent other than a few laughs, but don't change the words of someone's post to reflect how you choose to hear it.

If you object to the subject matter so deeply, read other threads. There is no need to deliberately try and derail the discussion.

If you read the thread, I was responding to someone who compared gay park sex with geocaching. If they are the same, then why when I described each specific act, only the gay sex description was the one that got "Censored". I think it's ridiculous to compare the two activities as if they are on equal footing. THAT is why I described the act in gruesome detail (and it rightly offended). If you read my posts, I am very specifically discussing the behavior, not the person. Let me know if this is too difficult a concept and I will try to clarify.

If you read the thread, I was responding to someone who compared gay park sex with geocaching. If they are the same, then why when I described each specific act, only the gay sex description was the one that got "Censored". I think it's ridiculous to compare the two activities as if they are on equal footing. THAT is why I described the act in gruesome detail (and it rightly offended). If you read my posts, I am very specifically discussing the behavior, not the person. Let me know if this is too difficult a concept and I will try to clarify.

Ok, here is a less graphic comparison, and one where both activities are on equal ground.

It is reprehensible to me when geocachers or couples having illicit sex go off-trail in protected habitat!

You should all be ashamed of yourself.

Equal Opportunity Critic B)

You forgot religion. B)

If money is the root of all evil then why do they always pass the collection plate at chruches and temples? :ph34r:

To gather up as much evil as possible and then dispose of it properly. :mad:

Ok, here is a less graphic comparison, and one where both activities are on equal ground.

It is reprehensible to me when geocachers or couples having illicit sex go off-trail in protected habitat!

You should all be ashamed of yourself.

Equal Opportunity Critic B)

The post I'm talking about compared the sport of geocaching (not geocachers having sex) and gay sex. We'll throw in all kinds of sex just to make sure we are P.C... I am a bit muscular/good looking challenged and it wouldn't be a pretty thing to see. But to compare me walking around with a GPS to people doing unmentionables in public places is a bit of a stretch. (I'm not saying you made this comparison. Read the thread and you will see the post I'm talking about.)

Sorry, I am not laughing at all. It is an important subject and one that merits serious discussion. As stated in my earlier posts, it is an issue that affected me very directly and has influenced my geocaching ever since.

Lep, I too feel that the entire topic (of all the activities which happen in modern urban parks) is an important one that merits sincere discussion, but in my case that has not kept me from laughing at some of the more comedic posts or at some of the displays of bigotry or of one-sidedness which have emerged from the fray.

As for your earlier report of having been physically assaulted (groped) at an urban park while searching for a cache: Although I have sought or placed caches in a number of urban parks frequented by gay cruisers, and although we live a hundred yards from a rural trailhead parking lot which is frequented by gay cruisers (and all sorts of other park users which have been listed in this thread) at times, I have never been groped or over-aggressively pursued by any male gay cruisers. I suspect that what happened to you was a very rare occurrence, although I am not by any means trying to minimize it. Such experiences can be quite disturbing and alarming.

Now, for full disclosure, I have been groped "without invitation" at least five times by strangers in my life, but in each case the groper was a heterosexual female; one groper was a drunk young college woman on a shuttle bus at the Delaware beaches (even though I was accompanied at the time by my then-wife Lisa) in the early 1990s, once by a drunk young woman at a live Joe Cocker concert held in a large concert pub (actually, she did it twice; my girlfriend at the time got quite angry at her) in NY State in 1985, once by the wife of the owner of a small AM radio station where I was interning as a 15-year-old radio enthusiast, and twice by slightly over-aggressive female hookers on streets (one in the South Bronx, and one in Frederick, Maryland.)

Bottom line, I guess, for me, is this: S*** does happen in life, and much of the grace of life lies in how we choose to deal with it when it happens and afterward.

How/when did homosexual behaviour be called "gay" . This is not a troll, a genuine enquiry.

This is from "www.wordorigins.com" (A really fun site to browse through)

The most likely explanation is that it derives from gaycat or geycat, a slang term for a tramp or hobo who is new to the road. Gaycats were commonly in the company of older tramps, implying a homosexual relationship. The term, according to Lighter, dates to at least the 1890s. Gaycats were employed as lookouts while other hoboes committed crimes. The OED2 cites the 1935 Underworld & Prison Slang by N. Ersine as defining geycat as a homosexual boy. The origin of gaycat is unknown. Green, however, says a gay cat was a tramp who offered sexual services to women.

Another possible origin is the late nineteenth century slang usage of gay to mean promiscuous. A gay house meant a brothel. This sexual sense of the term could have become associated with homosexual promiscuity and the heterosexual sense lost.

If the thread is to stay open, the jokes and slurs will need to stop, please. Out of respect to those who want to discuss this in a rational manner, feel free to open a separate thread in Off-Topic if that's the route you wish to go.

Some things to keep in mind when posting:

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

Foul Language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family friendly, and all posts and posters must respect the integrity of the site.

Personal Attacks and Flames will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad, general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

Keep on topic: Responses to a particular thread should be on-topic and pertain to the discussion. Users should use the New Topic button to start a new discussion which would otherwise be off-topic in the current thread. Threads that are off topic may be closed by the moderator.

Thank you.

I'm a Lesbian trapped in a man's body, so I have no use for a man!

B):ph34r:

That honestly had me laughing out loud! :ph34r:

Yes, but it implies that he has gender identity issues.

He may as well say that he's a woman trapped in a man's body.

Got an apointment for the sex change yet? Have you started your hormone therapy? :mad:

Lastly, having just written about "modern life", in reality, I must agree with a recent poster that most of these activities have actually been with the human race since before the beginning of recorded history.

So has rape. Don't mean we gotta put up with it.

Untill we find a way to stop it, then... yes, it does mean you have to put up with it.

I'm a Lesbian trapped in a man's body, so I have no use for a man!

B):ph34r:

That honestly had me laughing out loud! :ph34r:

Yes, but it implies that he has gender identity issues.

He may as well say that he's a woman trapped in a man's body.

Got an apointment for the sex change yet? Have you started your hormone therapy? :mad:

I take offense to this on several different levels... My wife is currently on hormone therapy. Therefore the mere mention of hormone therapy offends me. I am also offended because I too am a lesbian trapped in a man's body and you seem to find that amusing? We all need to stop joking about this issue and be as darn serious as humanly possible. In fact, people enjoying themselves offends me also. If I'm having a bad day, I fully expect everyone to respect that and be as miserable as I am. And your name "HeadyBrew" offends me as I am an alcoholic and the mention of "BREW" makes me want to drink. How can you be so insensitive?

Please don't respond to me, because I want the last word. If I don't get my way, I will be extremely offended.

You forgot religion. B)

Good point. But just to be clear, its: "money is A root of all evil". not "THE root of all evil".

... If you cache in a gay cruising area, the one thing that you need to watch for are gay bashers. If you are a single guy rooting through the bushes, you are a target.

Ironic, but true. You are probably at a greater risk from mistaken gay bashers than you are from gay people. Gay people want to pleasure you. (though you may not see it that way.) Gay bashers want to bash you.

You forgot religion. B)

Good point. But just to be clear, its: "money is A root of all evil". not "THE root of all evil".

Actually it's "The LOVE of money is a root of all evil." (1 Timothy 6:10), but let's stay on topic.

And as has been said by other moderators, let's keep the topic family friendly. This isn't 8th grade, folks.

Bret

By the way, which version of the bible bans cruising?? Twelve years of Catholic school and I never heard, "Thou shalt not cruise". Must be in the Dead Sea scrolls, or i slept during that part.

I believe it's the part that specifies marriage is between a man and a woman and that you shouldn't have sex until married. Pretty much limits the situations when you are allowed to have sex. I also don't see anywhere in the bible that specifically says, "Thou shalt not have sex with 10 year old kids". Let's use our brains here and not be so legalistic.

Well, there is that part where it says it's OK for young daughters to get their father drunk and have sex with him. It's right after the part where his (lot's) wife gets needlessly executed just for looking back at the place she once called her home. Silly emotional woman, failing to obey. She deserved it.

Oh, yeah, that was the same lot that offered his daughters up to the town for sex, because it was impolite for the townfolk to expect sex from the two visitors. For that Lot was rewarded by being saved from the fate of the rest of the town...

Makes perfect sense to me.

Now explain to me how they are being selfish and you are not?

I have a hard time believing you are serious in this.

If a gay person wanted to use the park for legal activities, would anyone have a problem with this? Nope.

If anyone straight or gay wanted to use the park for public sex, harassment, drug use etc, then they are being selfish (self centered in their lives, uncaring about what laws they break or who they harm) and ruining a park that is for all people. Geocachers do not harass people in the parks, nor do geocachers leave behind biohazard waste in public areas that can hurt others (and is just plain disgusting).

Well, there is that part where it says it's OK for young daughters to get their father drunk and have sex with him. It's right after the part where his (lot's) wife gets needlessly executed just for looking back at the place she once called her home. Silly emotional woman, failing to obey. She deserved it.

Oh, yeah, that was the same lot that offered his daughters up to the town for sex, because it was impolite for the townfolk to expect sex from the two visitors. For that Lot was rewarded by being saved from the fate of the rest of the town...

Makes perfect sense to me.