Problems Printing From Geocaching.com Site

The VanDucks

We've never had this problem before, but tonight, when we try to print a page from geocaching.com, the buttons on the left side of the page ("Track Travel Bugs,", "My Account," etc.) don't print. Other items also don't print such as the maps on cache pages or the Difficulty/Terrain stars, etc. We don't have this problem on forums.Groundspeak.com or any other web site. We see this on two computers, both with Internet Explorer and the AOL browser. We haven't changed anything in the browser or other software. Is anyone else having this problem?

I too am having this problem and it is only on GC.COM. I have an HP PhotoSmart 1000 printer if that makes any difference. I just noticed it last night. Didn't think much about it the first time, but it is really kind of annoying. Now, I notice that any kind of images on the cache page disappear when the print button is pushed and is replaced with the little red 'X' symbol that you normally only see when a page is slow loading. Does anyone know what is causing this or what can be done to get rid of this?

:) I just found a way around it.

Go to the page you want to print, then move your security settings to high--Go to Tools then select Internet Options, then the Security Tab, then move the slider to High. Print your page and then change your setting back to your usual one, find the next page you want to print, and then repeat.

A pain but at least it gets the maps (for me) printed that I wanted for tomorrow. ^_^

That did work, but it is a pain. Thanks for the info. Hopefully, the powers that be, will get this fixed soon.

The same problem with me and it was driving me nuts because I recently purchased a new computer and thought there was a setting messed up. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Ditto me because of exactly the above and I DID have a different problem at well that was my computer where I couldn't decrypt anything (since solved). Please let us know when this is resolved.

The higher security level does not work so well in the forums.

Make sure you refresh the page after changing the security setting. Just tried it and it worked fine for me.

This fixed the problem for us too. Thank you for the advice! But, will I have problems if I just leave the security setting??? What to expect?

If there is a reason not to leave the security setting high, hopefully we will be notified here when the web page has been fixed....

Thanks again!

Yep same problem here and it just started. All the pictures have the big RED X in the box and will not print. Something has changed on the Geocache page. Help, please fix this problem and then reply.

Edited by ATV5

Darn, and here I was thinking it was me. I HAVE to print out about 30 pages by tonight (Going away), and this is so much of a pest to do... Please please please change it back to how it used to be!

Edit: Found a quick way around it - save the page on your PC, then print the saved page. Works here thank goodness!

Edited by horrorking

This is not a Geocaching.com issue but a browser one.

I'm guessing you are all using Firefox 1.5.0.2, which has a new bug where the <noscript> tag on web pages are shown instead of rendered (or ignored) on the page. Unfortunately Firefox will need to apply a patch to fix this issue since it is a developer bug - not a Geocaching.com one. However we will go ahead and remove the tag until Firefox can fix their bug.

No, I am NOT using Firefox. I'm using the latest version of Internet Explorer.

The latest stable release, version 6.0?

Yes--here's the full version number:

Vesion 6.0.2900.2180_xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

Thanks. I think what you ran into was another issue regarding a style sheet that was recently corrected. If you have another machine with this issue try holding down shift and reloading the page before attempting to print. It will reload that file and hopefully solve your issue.