"top 5 Reasons To Geocache"

Gets me outside

Gives me something to plan for and look forward to

Lots of wonderful friends both to visit in person, and to talk with on the internet

Helps me to grow in character, and to learn to be self sufficient and emotionally strong

Something to do with my family

Just 5, come on! that's not enough. Okay, off the top of my head and not thinking too hard:

1. Gives me another excuse to use my GPS

1. Gets me out of the house and to places I'd never find on my own.

1. Makes travel more fun, I geocache along the way.

1. It's cheap "$$" considering most hobbies.

1. It's fun!

1. Builds close tight knit relationships with children and spouse.

2. Exploring the great outdoors and the secrets it keeps.

3. Exercising your body and mind.

4. Adds a new layer to other existing outdoor hobbies.

5. Makes me look forward to our next outing and all that it invloves such as planning, mapping, printing, ect.

5. I gets ya out of the house

4. it gets ya away from the front of the T.V.

3. its a hobby that envolves more than one activity (such as how to design and make coins, how to read maps, learn history of areas and so on)

2. You find some really cool places, some in your own town that you never knew existed.

1. Its great exercise

Gets me outside

Lots of wonderful friends both to visit in person, and to talk with on the internet

Helps me to grow in character, and to learn to be self sufficient and emotionally strong

Read your profile Ambrosia: you are impressive! :o Thanks for being a geocacher :blink:

Gets me outside

Read your profile Ambrosia: you are impressive! :lol: Thanks for being a geocacher :)

Wow, thanks for the compliment! :lol:

1. Finding new parks, neighborhoods, historical markers and pathways in this area where we've lived for 37 years and thought we had "seen it all."

2. Allowing the male member of the team to carry an array of electronic gadgetry such as a GPS, camera, cell phone, 2-way ham radio, palm pilot, etc. into the woods while the female member of the team carries the pen and admires the trees, flowers, birds, and clouds while planning the next stop to be a really nice restaurant for lunch or supper.

3. Finding "hidden treasures" such as beautiful places, interesting containers and locations for them, log books with signatures of people from all over the world, and the occasional "take" of a funny rubber animal or an intereresting coin.

4. Making our adult kids think we've finally flipped out since we're not just sitting at home waiting for them to call us every weekend!

5. Feeling superior to all the "muggles"! (once we realized they were not "muggers"!

1. Finding new parks, neighborhoods, historical markers and pathways in this area where we've lived for 37 years and thought we had "seen it all."

2. Allowing the male member of the team to carry an array of electronic gadgetry such as a GPS, camera, cell phone, 2-way ham radio, palm pilot, etc. into the woods while the female member of the team carries the pen and admires the trees, flowers, birds, and clouds while planning the next stop to be a really nice restaurant for lunch or supper.

3. Finding "hidden treasures" such as beautiful places, interesting containers and locations for them, log books with signatures of people from all over the world, and the occasional "take" of a funny rubber animal or an intereresting coin.

4. Making our adult kids think we've finally flipped out since we're not just sitting at home waiting for them to call us every weekend!

5. Feeling superior to all the "muggles"! (once we realized they were not "muggers"!

Your 5 is what I was going to say, but you said it better :lol:

ok lets have them

your top 5 reasons to geocache..... are there any good ones out there...

Ok, here is mine:

1. Keeps your mind active and your body healthy with the type of activity it takes to find some very arduous stashes and to devise and invent caches to stash.

2. Provides a purpose (Searching for caches of others and placing caches for others to find) that is productive to you and others cachers.

3. Provides an opportunity to visit wonderful and interesting places that we have passed by many, many, times.

4. An opportunity to use Gadgets e.g. GPSr, your computer, and a WEB based activity (Geocaching) that is unequaled. And let’s not forget to mention PDAs. Paperless geocaching to come!

5. I have become interested in finding out who other Geocachers are and therefore I have been viewing Profiles and I am impressed with what I read and know that I am in the community of a very elite group of intelligent, severely knowledgeable, adventurous, and the type of people that don’t give up. I know you don’t give up on DNFs. Do you?!