Geocachers On Tv! (kinda)

Fans of the BBC1 'Have I Got News For You' programme might spot a familiar bald head on tonight's (9.00pm) show. Sensei and I went to see some great TV being recorded while caching in London yesterday, and managed to get front-row seats. On the opening and closing credits I'm in the bottom left corner of the screen with Lester to my right. You'll not be able to miss him during the show as he had the loudest laugh in the room!

There is a link with geocaching (before there are complaints!) - I got my tickets from Hat Trick productions who make the show, because I gave their Head of Entertainment a talk about 'caching. A good night out was payment enough for me and it was great to have Lester's company on a long day out.

Enjoy! :blink:

Fans of the BBC1 'Have I Got News For You' programme might spot a familiar bald head on tonight's (9.00pm) show. Sensei and I went to see some great TV being recorded while caching in London yesterday, and managed to get front-row seats. On the opening and closing credits I'm in the bottom left corner of the screen with Lester to my right. You'll not be able to miss him during the show as he had the loudest laugh in the room!

There is a link with geocaching (before there are complaints!) - I got my tickets from Hat Trick productions who make the show, because I gave their Head of Entertainment a talk about 'caching. A good night out was payment enough for me and it was great to have Lester's company on a long day out.

Enjoy! :blink:

Or 10.35 pm if in Scotland! :o:)

Guess we have to wait that little bit longer for your moment of fame!! :)

They cut out alot of the really funny bits too. The recording period went on for about two and a half hours! Shame the picture round was cut.

Oss!

BTW only heard myself laugh about 12 times. Apparently there was an audience shot and we were shown. Have to replay to confirm. :blink:

Let's open this up to TV appearances generally. I know Alibags has done a bit of telly dressed as a wench (probably!) and Lester's been on Police Five in the past :lol: but has anyone else got their mug (or the back of their head) on the gogglebox?

P.S. I'm green, blue, black-n-white and red all over, on occasions:

tn-snarl.jpgtn-devilish.jpg

:lol:

Edited by Simply Paul

Let's open this up to TV appearances generally. I know Alibags has done a bit of telly dressed as a wench (probably!) and Lester's been on Police Five in the past :lol: but has anyone else got their mug (or the back of their head) on the gogglebox?

1987 - Granada TV News, pitching tomatoes on Oldham market.

1992 - Noel's House Party. Several front face shots.

1994 - Scottish TV, mounted recruitment drive for the Scots DG's.

1994 - BBC National TV, Edinburgh Military Tattoo. No I wasn't in the audience or the sidelines!

1994 - Not TV but the Daily Telegraph, pictured with Tam Dalyell Labour MP.

2002 - ITV Oxfordshire channel (Forgot the regional station name) interview whilst in The Royal Palace in Kabul Afghanistan.

You did ask! :lol:

Joan ( Eeyore )was on Saturday Superstore with Keith Chegwin way back , when they filmed at Wigan Pier.

It was Easter and thick with snow ! :lol:

She was also on TOTP in the seventies when they filmed at the Nevada Roller rink in Bolton.

She has also starred on Japanese telly with our Mr Bean when she was picked out by a film crew for a feature on Crufts over in Japan.

I was on BBC Northwest news in the eighties when they filmed a politician in Leigh. All you saw of me was a figure on a motorbike ride past in the background. :lol:

I had a phone call from my mum because she'd seen my legs on the news. Bizarrely she was right - I'd walked past one of our live cameras - and if you know me you'll know I wear shorts from March -> November :lol::lol:

I've also had the side of my head shown a few times on rival news channels (Sky, ITN etc) as cutaways of the news camera crews. Does that count?

- Geoff

I appeared on TV in the 80s with a couple of friends when we were in the front row at Highbury for a football match.

I also appeared on a radio quiz (Cash on Delivery, Capital Radio) as a teenager. I got to the semi-final and won £4.50 and a T-shirt.

I was also interviewed (vey briefly) by Radio London at a "county" show - I was just one of a bunch of teenagers hanging around by the radio tent hoping to see someone famous.

And about 8 years ago we (minus our youngest) were at the Science Museum when they happened to be filming a new exhibition - we were seen trying out an interactive display.

Jen BikerKat

I've had a couple of flirts with fame...

Back in about 1985 I was in the audiance of the British Gymnastics Championships at Wembly....

Me and my career were featured in the Independent in about 2000 and I had a quarter page spread in the careers section....

I won a Paul McCartney T shirt in 1992 on local radio, and I was made up as I was going to see him live in concert with my parents that night!

When i was at school the BBC did a 2 part tv programme about our school, something to do with being one of the largest comprehensives or something :lol:

Somewhere on it i'm filmed singing a Levellers song, now where's the blushing smilie? :lol:

Around the same time i was a patient in a large private hospital in London and the media were forever filming, doing interviews with patients there. I'm on film either getting or eating brekkie. But have never seen it as it was shown on GMTV live.

Edited by Ashaaria

I have had my fair share of fame

I have been on telly because my school is crap and every one else and i got interviewed.

I have been on newsround singing back street boys with aload of girls at there millenium concert (but keep that one on the low!!)

I have been on the news talking to a man with a lizzard on his arm at MK then later tah day i lost my ticket and told my mum to meet me in the wrong place and was stranded up there til 10:00 pm, and spoke to man with blood all other his hand!!

I was on this documentry about life savers when me and a close friend decided we would go on are body boards to an island/big rock and about a mile away and then got saved by a life boat and got asked to be interviewed be we ran off and then i rolled in to a hole off a giant sand dewn and then realised some had weeed in it!!

I was also on telly when this documentry was on at my school about the school reuonion!!

I was also on telly when linford christy came to my school and i was sat outside of the head teachers office getting in trouble!!

and thats it i think!!

I was in a film with Sigourney Weaver
Were you the 'chestburster' in Alien (1979)? :lol:

So you've seen my photo then!!

No - not as big a role or as recognisable. It was in her film 'Half Moon Street' (1986) filmed in london. I am in the background in a long shot, so its only a sillouette!! But i know its me!

I appeared on Blockbusters back in the 80's. Due to the point in the show that I came on set, I actually appeared in two consecutive episodes. I only came away with £25 and a Blockbusters jacket and dictionary (signed by Bob Holness, the crew and contestants), but enjoyed a brilliant expenses paid week in Nottingham waiting for my turn. The two lads who beat me (I think they came from Gillingham) went on to complete 5 Gold runs, so at least I was beaten by a decent team.