April Gcc Coin?

JLTx2

Here is a question..

Why did they stop making the unique coins? I know that some fellow cacher's are designing some of the current one which is great and all, but why did the uniqueness of the coin stop? There was a time I really looked foward to getting them. But now I dont.

Just wondering if I was the only one feeling this way..

Nope your not alone.

I did not recieve my April coin yet either.

It says (in their forums)they did not get them out until the 24th.

So it should be any day.

I hope.

Here is a question..

Why did they stop making the unique coins? I know that some fellow cacher's are designing some of the current one which is great and all, but why did the uniqueness of the coin stop? There was a time I really looked foward to getting them. But now I dont.

Here is a question..

No your not, I actually quit the group, and will not renew once my 6 months are over, I also quit the other one when I saw the ¢ coin.

Here is a question..

No, I feel the same. That uniqueness is why I joined in the first place. I also don't understand why it takes soooooo much to explain the May coin design. If it's that darn complicated with all of the symbolism, then don't make it.

I cancelled my subscription and will probably sell or trade off the coins from April through the end of my subscription.

I emailed them and they said there were some issues and they hope to be shipping soon. I think they emailed back last monday

As far as the coins being unique this April is suppose to have some transparent enanmel. I have not seen any other coins with transparent enamel so I am looking forward to this one.

Here is a question..

No your not, I actually quit the group, and will not renew once my 6 months are over, I also quit the other one when I saw the ¢ coin.

I'll have to agree the ¢ coin just led me to cancel that subscription. I'll continue with the coin club for now as I like most of what they've done. I didn't care for the Orange one (maybe that's why I forgot about it). Who knows... :lol:

I have not seen any other coins with transparent enamel so I am looking forward to this one.

Yes you have.... compass rose 2006, Temecula Balloon Event and SWAGS #3 :lol:

actually I have not seen those :lol:

which is odd cause I thought I ordered the compass rose 2006 a long time ago.. will have to go check the paypal account

Here is a question..

Ditto!

I got mine today as well. But I have to say I'm not impressed with this months edition. I didn't see the preview until just recently. I also saw May's preview, and I'm thinking my subscription is ending really soon.

The first 5 out of 6 were just what I've been looking foward to. The group that's been coming with my second 6 month subscription have been a real disappointment. The only one that I've liked was the tribute to virtuals coin with the black light trick.

My April arrive yesterday. I think it actually looks a lot better than the artwork, sorta like a stained glass window B)

But I still wish they'd move back to coins with lots of metal and less color for acents, borders, etc. To me the last couple (Feb, and March) have had a bit MUCH coloring.

My April arrive yesterday. I think it actually looks a lot better than the artwork, sorta like a stained glass window <_<

But I still wish they'd move back to coins with lots of metal and less color for acents, borders, etc. To me the last couple (Feb, and March) have had a bit MUCH coloring.

Making the front like a stained glass window was the intended effect and I think that worked.

If you want less enamel you will like the May coin since it does not have any enamel and will be a PROOF coin. I have done one other proof geocoin and it turned out great so I have high hopes for May.

June's design will feature two special effects, one of which I have yet to see on a geocoin even though it is very cool and the other effect has only been on one coin that I know of and I did that one.

I received mine yesterday, 5/4/06. As disappointed as I was in the shipping time, I really have to say that these are Outstanding Examples of what quality coins should be. It was definitely worth the wait. A lot of thought and effort went into these coins and it shows, Thank you.

I haven't gotten my April coins yet either. I cancelled my subscription after seeing a disappointing February & March coin (especially March, compared to the other coins made in the past), and I'm hoping that they didn't mess up and deprive me of my last coin.

Any word on shipping to the rest of us? Obviously some have gotten theirs already.

June's design will feature two special effects, one of which I have yet to see on a geocoin even though it is very cool and the other effect has only been on one coin that I know of and I did that one.

Personally, I hope it isn't another blacklight required coin ...