Driving And Directions With A 210

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. If I was to purchase directroute north america and place maps on my explorist 210 it would then have a turn-by-turn navigation capability and could give me directions?? Also if anyone knows would I be able to fit a city the size of say....Houston+the directions...on the explorist (it has 22mb of memory)??

Yes, the 210 in combination with DirectRoute will give you turn-by-turn navigation. I don't think it has a beeper though, so you won't get an audible warning before a turn. A 210 owner or someone more knowledgeable should confirm this. Not sure about how much memory Houston's roads will need.

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. If I was to purchase directroute north america and place maps on my explorist 210 it would then have a turn-by-turn navigation capability and could give me directions?? Also if anyone knows would I be able to fit a city the size of say....Houston+the directions...on the explorist (it has 22mb of memory)??

Well I ordered a 210 this week as a bundle from TigerGPS and it comes with TOPO 3D USA. I will post back on here when I get it, and let you know how much of the map I can put on the 22mb.

Well I ordered a 210 this week as a bundle from TigerGPS and it comes with TOPO 3D USA. I will post back on here when I get it, and let you know how much of the map I can put on the 22mb.

I own the 210. i connect it to a old laptop i had running delorme 2006. If you have someone with you to watch the gps for turns the maps from magellan work fine for a town or 2. i perfer to use the laptop bigger screen and voice prompt.

"I own the 210. i connect it to a old laptop i had running delorme 2006. If you have someone with you to watch the gps for turns the maps from magellan work fine for a town or 2. i perfer to use the laptop bigger screen and voice prompt."

This is what I do as well with MS Streets and Trips 2006, I dont have the DR software and not sure if I will since this works great. But it is sometimes hard to travel with a laptop and all the cables and stuff. I dont travel all that much anyways so doubt I could really justify purchasing the DR.

Edited by RangerR47