Please Help Me With Hp Jornada

sundoms

Hello everyone! I am fairly new to geocaching but am addicted...and turning new people on to it all the time.

I use a Garmin eXplorist 200 and have had no difficulties. I recently dug my old pocket PC out of a box (NEVER used it!) and would like to use it for geocaching.

It is a HP Jornada 540 series with 31.86 MB and Windows CE 3.0.

It would be great to be able to download caches onto the Jornada instead of having to print them out.

What is the easiest and cheapest way to get going?

Thanks!

Check into Cachemate ... I think it might run on that version (but don't know for sure as I use the newer Windows Mobile based stuff).

If it doesn't another option might be to use GSAK and export to HTML. Load the exported directory onto your PPC and use a web browser to view the caches.

I have the Jornada 540 as well and used to use it for Geocaching, but now use my Cingular 8125. The only thing you can do for the 540 is to export the file out of GSAK in HTML and then open that file on the Jornada in the File Explorer.

Of course you need to start with the PocketQueries you get from being a Premium Member so that you can open them all in GSAK.

I have the Jornada 540 as well and used to use it for Geocaching, but now use my Cingular 8125. The only thing you can do for the 540 is to export the file out of GSAK in HTML and then open that file on the Jornada in the File Explorer.

Of course you need to start with the PocketQueries you get from being a Premium Member so that you can open them all in GSAK.

I was thinking that might be the case ... I use a Cingular 8125 as well nowadays. A bit slow on some things from a processor perspective (like importing very large GPX files), but otherwise a nice combo unit.

Check into Cachemate ... I think it might run on that version (but don't know for sure as I use the newer Windows Mobile based stuff).

If it doesn't another option might be to use GSAK and export to HTML. Load the exported directory onto your PPC and use a web browser to view the caches.

Cachemate will not run on the Jornada 540.