Changing User Name

Pirates of Ocracoke

I have a user name I want to use but it is taken. The person has not logged in since 2002 and only has 2 finds. Is it possible to get this user name since this person is no longer using it.

I dunno, for sure. You can ask teh powers that be. Just know that WHATEVER name you want, you have to change it BEFORE May 15th, as usernames will be locked down at that time.

If I can recall from previous discussions, no, especially since they have finds logged under that name. Even if those caches are now archived, TPTB go to great lenghts here to make sure no cache records are lost or compromised. Really kinda neat, if you think about it.

Probably going to have to come up with something a little different for your username, maybe add a number to it or change the spelling or abbreviation a little; for instance, when I started participating in online forums, my username was darkwolf. When I came here, that was already taken, so dkwolf was born and has flourished across several boards.

Probably not.

Any account with past activity (no matter how long ago) is usually locked to that cacher to preserve the history.

Had there been no finds under that name, you would have had a better chance of claiming the name now.

You can email: contact@geocacing.com and ask...you never know.

Ed

I kind of like "The Pirates of Ocracoke." Though okra and coke doesn't sound like a very appetizing combination.

I've had Okra. It's... gross.

So are you resigned to being a n00b forever and ever, or will you be changing your name to something like "New England Jaded Megacacher" before the May 15th deadline?

:) Actually, I think I am rather proud of it. I've gotten attached to it. And besides, I don't get to cache enough to claim either 'Jaded' or 'Mega' to my name. :wub:

(Jaded? Whilst caching? May it ever be so!)

I kind of like "The Pirates of Ocracoke." Though okra and coke doesn't sound like a very appetizing combination.

I've had Okra. It's... gross.

Okra is the basis of some really awesome gumbo recipes.

Not to mention stewed okra and tomatos....MMMMmmmm..... eat it every chance I get...mostly when we go to Golden Corral. :wub: