Cache Event Logs

Bush Babies

The question came up after a recent CITO cache event in our area of logging an event as a "found" or "attended". The option exists in the drop down menu when you log a cache event. Is this a mistake? In my opinion an event can only be attended, not found. I mean, how hard are the locations for most events to find?

I just noticed this too, and infact was coming here to post a question about it. You beat me to it!

But seriously, CITO events seem to have both, but normal events only have attended. Why would these be different? In reality, isn't a CITO just another event, but with extra meaning?

I also feel it should be "ATTENDED" not "FOUND". The key word here is "EVENT" of which you must attend. Can't be very hard to "find" a huge gatering of geocachers in a small area.

In fact as the organizer of a CITO in Nova Scotia Canada, I have sent e-mails to all those who logged a "found" entry and requested they change it to an attend.

In fact because of the confusion of both selections, some actually logged them in both selections. This adds to confusion as well as duplicate log entries.

I removed it at one point and someone yelled at me for some reason or another. So I took the path of least resistance and put it back. You need to take it up with the person who yelled at me if you can find them.

So, without trying to sound to rude, I too will YELL at you too. TAKE IT AWAY!! ATTENDED ONLY IS THE RIGHT CHOICE!!

sorry now I will whisper.........sorry....

But still!!!

Edited by CasheKicker

I also feel it should be "ATTENDED" not "FOUND". The key word here is "EVENT" of which you must attend. Can't be very hard to "find" a huge gatering of geocachers in a small area.

Obviously, you didn't attend the Pittsburgh CITO the other year, which was unknowingly planned on the same day as a marathon through the park. Yes, just FINDING the big group of geocachers in a small area was a nightmare in and of itself. Seems almost every road into the park was closed. And with Pittsburgh's hills and roads NOT lining up the way the maps show, it just got more fun.....you almost deserved 2 smilies, one for actually finding the place, and another for attending the event. :lol:

I removed it at one point and someone yelled at me for some reason or another. So I took the path of least resistance and put it back. You need to take it up with the person who yelled at me if you can find them.

For some reason this made me think of Prime Suspects signature line:

"Never mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."