Coin/tb Drop Question

Cryptid

When I drop a coin or TB, and use the "Dropped off any Travel Bugs?" option on the bottom of the post a log page, I have (and I'm sure a lot of you do to) over 175 Coins to scroll through.

Has anyone come up with a cool idea on how to log dropped Coins/TBs without having to scroll through all of of the coins?

The idea I heard for this was:

Create a cache called "My coin cache" - but do not check the box that says it's active.

Log a note on that page and drop all of your coins in there. The ywill be out of yoru inventory and only show up in the cache that you created.

You could do the same thing for an archived cache as well.

I haven't done this yet, but keep meaning to.

Create a cache called "My coin cache" - but do not check the box that says it's active.

Log a note on that page and drop all of your coins in there. The ywill be out of yoru inventory and only show up in the cache that you created.

That's a great idea. Thanks

When I drop a coin or TB, and use the "Dropped off any Travel Bugs?" option on the bottom of the post a log page, I have (and I'm sure a lot of you do to) over 175 Coins to scroll through.

Has anyone come up with a cool idea on how to log dropped Coins/TBs without having to scroll through all of of the coins?

Other variants similar to what Kealia does are:

a) If you have an archived cache, just park your coins/TBs there (virtually, of course)

B) Just mark them as "location unknown" (You can retrieve them later when you want them...)

I use B) because then no mileage acrues to the coin or TB until I actually want to place the coin/TB in a real cache.

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

That's a great idea. Thanks

Reminded me to finally do this. Just finished. Took all of 5 minutes and now it will be much easier to actually see what bugs I have in my posession that need to be moved.

I think this thread just answered a question I was going to post. While sifting through all the Moun10Bike coins to see which ones were in the wild, I noticed that the vast majority of the ones not listed as in a cacher's possession, were in "unknown locations" or were in archived caches, usually event caches. I guess a lot of cachers park their coins rather than carry them in their inventory.

Other variants similar to what Kealia does are:

a) If you have an archived cache, just park your coins/TBs there (virtually, of course)

:wub: Just mark them as "location unknown" (You can retrieve them later when you want them...)

I use :) because then no mileage acrues to the coin or TB until I actually want to place the coin/TB in a real cache.

How do you mark your coin "location unkown"?

Edited by JLTx2

On the right hand side of the TB home page, there is a drop-down box that usually says recalculate mileage. If you click on that box, one of the options is move to mark bug missing. Select that option and clifk go. You then are asked at the top of the next page "are you sure that you want to move mark bug missing" Select yes, and it will be moved.

Edited by tokencollector