Continued From Ccc

wandat24

I'm not cranky at all! I jazzed because: A) the rules have been clarified and B) it opens up thousands of great hides where I can go "find" a hole that is the perfect size and shape for my container.

Heck, I'm thinking I might just be able to find a hole I can bury whats-their-face's 40' container in. In fact, I could find one that's 42' deep in the middle of a state park, and make a 5/5 abseil cache! Imagine the possibilities with the heavy construction equipment my company has! My company could go make a hole at 2am, and then I could find it at 7am.

So, no, you get me wrong. I'm not at all cranky, I'm really excited!

[edit to turn off emoticons]

Edited by Adrenalynn

Cool! Good on you!

I'm gettin' out the pick and shovel to go make some holes I don't intend to put caches into today.

Yeah, that'll really show 'em. . . . . . :blink:

So, no, you get me wrong. I'm not at all cranky, I'm really excited!

You need medication. . .

Edited by Pto

Cool! Good on you!

I'm gettin' out the pick and shovel to go make some holes I don't intend to put caches into today.

I could see that comin' a mile away!!

I think we all did... I still don't think she knows what it is we're talking baout for sure.

I'm sorry... rules is rules.

I may not have thousands of finds.

I may not have posted a thousand posts or more in the forums - I have a life and would rather FIND and HIDE caches than post about it - BUT (yes, Wanda, there is a BIG BUT in this)...

There are rules to abide by in Geocaching and they are there for a REASON.

I guess some of us haven't been Geocaching long enough to remember the episode of Law and Order (if you bother to watch TV) that highlighted (for a few moments) a person (who was actually Letterboxing, but hey) finding and logging (using a stamp, but some of us do that and are still Geocachers) a Geocache that was BURIED somewhere in Central Park (since the episodes usually take place in New York I assume that it was there).

Immediately the hew and cry went out that YES, it is cool to Geocache, but NO, you aren't supposed to BURY them. I still get asked about that when I tell folks I'm a Geocacher (I do a lot of Geocaching demonstrations for groups), and it gets old explaining to people that it really is against the RULES to bury them.

Now, back even further, there was a hew and cry when a very IRRESPONSIBLE 'geocacher' (lower case used intentionally) actually drilled a one-inch hole in a living tree to hide a 35-mm film container. dadgum, that was just WRONG. Do I need to explain why? Gawd, I sure hope not. Even if you spell in the forums like you speak (which some may take as cute - but it is as offensive to me as people drilling holes in trees to hide a cache, or typing 'u r' instead of 'you are' - $&it - that is just bloody LAZY, and almost as offensive as people who don't know how to turn off the caps lock function), you have to realize that this is a bad thing. Almost as bad as run-on sentences, yuck.

My point (and yes, Virginia, there is one), is that you can't just dismiss bad behavior and say, "oh shucky-darn, shouldn't we oughta just go cachin'?" and call it good. Bad behavior in caching as in life is just that, BAD. If we just shrug and let it go on, then pretty soon caching will become littering. And then we'll be banned from hiding caches anywhere other than in Wal-Mart parking lots and magnetized Liquid Ice containers under power boxes at the local Piggly-Wiggly will become the norm. Hell, people won't even bother to keep the ziplocks zipped for the logbooks.

Oh, hell. Caching is already that way. Might as well throw away my hiking boots and stay home and read a book.

I'm sorry, but the same folks that will bury and cache and call it good will drill a hole in a tree and think that is okay, too. Those are the same people that won't discipline their children so that they grow up to be the cement shoes on the rest of society. That is like saying the rules apply only to those who get caught. Slap them on the wrist as long as it is still a hard find. Trailer-trash caching. I suppose it was as inevitable as the degradation of the English language. :blink:

I understand the rules compleatly...as i mentioned I asked someone that'd been caching for a while what for sure it meant about the hole part... Yes i spell as bad in real life as i do on these forums, who really gives a SH!T if I can spell or not, I am very smart and people who talk to me know this...

Someone drilling a hole in a tree is NOT the same thing as we are talking about here.... If you can't see that, sorry. I have NEVER said I think this hide was or wasn't against the rules, I was just getting tired of a smartass trying to make a point where it didn't belong and felt it was my "duty" to further explan the fact the hole coulda been there before hand... BTW if you don't like the way I talk don't ever come to Oklahoma or any where farther south then middle of Kansas. Now if I have missread your post let me know and i will go back and re-read in a different manner.

Email received from Michael (LaPaglia):

-------------------------------------------------

In this case, the hole was there before you got there and you made use of an existing hole so it is fine. The problem we run into is that there are people who will dig a whole one week and then come back the next and "find" an existing hole to use for their cache. It is very hard to totally control the hiding of caches below ground level as we do not physically check the placement of each cache. We depend on the finders to let us know if a cache is hidden in a way that is against the guidelines.

Thank you for asking. Your cache placement is fine.

Michael

-------------------------------------------------

I feel my work is done and it wasn't done in vain :blink::o:)

THAT is an awesome graphic!

:lol: THIS is an awesome thread. I am enjoying the back and forth among you, wandat24 and scavok, because nobody is truly flaming each other. There's some jabs, to be sure, but it is a civil discussion. Along the way, we have seen some superb essays on the issue of buried caches.

I'm having fun. :lol:

I talked to United Rental earlier today and they can drop off a Deer 330C/LC, 72,000lb excavator, with optional extension arm, at the state park tonight. If someone just happened to use it to bury a container, that wouldn't be my fault, right?

It only gives that person 27' of dig-depth though. Still, if someone were to create an artificial cave pitch with it, it'd be a 5/5 right in the middle of town! Why go looking for creative hides? Micros are so a thing of the past for me!

It is quite exciting, you have to admit.

[edit to add picture]

1481_m.jpg

Edited by Adrenalynn

Mental note....

Never argue with a woman. They have WAY more time than you do.

Actually, I was curious when I saw it there, so I had to ask. I was actually picking up some stuff for the CITO tomorrow that I couldn't steal from the office 'cause it was in use.

It's suprisingly reasonable. I won't post price 'cause I'm sure it based on our rental volume, but still...

By arranging for the delivery of the excavator, I believe under the laws of most states that you could be charged with felonious conspiracy to cache.

Actually, I just didn't have room for it in my driveway at home. So I was just going to park it overnight on public land. If they wanna, they could have it towed away, I'd understand! (BWAHAHAHAHA! That'd be funny to watch!) Anyway, I had NO IDEA someone would actually dig a 27' deep 36' wide hole with a 33 metric ton excavator! That wasn't my intent at ALL! I was just parking it overnight! I wasn't even aware that a 72,700lb excavator was used to dig holes! I'm just a girl! TeeHee!

But, since that hole is there now and all, might as well put a cache in it!

Wandat - you are a classic troll. And not a very creative one at that.

My defending myself I don't find as being a troll, now offering the pills I have was trying to be friendly... The rest i other then taunting (could be considered a troll) I'm not sure of.... Like I've said before I just wanted to talk this over a bit more.. Now i could be creative if I wanted, but that takes a bit of time and thinking on my part that I don't have time for with reading everything and playing with my girls... Just finished up a book :lol: finally time to start a new one....

Thanks for clarifying. I think even a marginally competent lawyer could get you off the hook by using a "compulsive shopper" defense.

**Note to self, call Jason up and see if the compulsive shopper defense will help me out next month with the credit card company**

LOL sorry, NO I'm not getting sued by any creditcard place, hell I don't even have one, I feel they're evil and cruputive.

Actually, I just didn't have room for it in my driveway at home. So I was just going to park it overnight on public land. If they wanna, they could have it towed away, I'd understand! (BWAHAHAHAHA! That'd be funny to watch!) Anyway, I had NO IDEA someone would actually dig a 27' deep 36' wide hole with a 33 metric ton excavator! That wasn't my intent at ALL! I was just parking it overnight! I wasn't even aware that a 72,700lb excavator was used to dig holes! I'm just a girl! TeeHee!

Man, she just keeps getting better and better.

/me goes looking for a map...where the hell is Folsom?

Ask Johnny Cache - errr, Cash...

Wouldn't be hard, if it wasn't for the fact he has passed away...

mapquest is good at giving right directions....

Hi gang!! I'd really love to hang witcha and chew some dirt but I gots to get out there and practive my Australian rapelling technique. Getting a little rusty I am. :lol::):lol: I hope that I don't run into any bobcats while I am out and about this weekend, I'll let you know if I do, I just read that it is bobcat season. :)

Take a sharp left at the RS-232 factory and go 1.5 miles south. :lol::):lol:

I talked to United Rental earlier today and they can drop off a Deer 330C/LC, 72,000lb excavator, with optional extension arm, at the state park tonight. If someone just happened to use it to bury a container, that wouldn't be my fault, right?

It only gives that person 27' of dig-depth though. Still, if someone were to create an artificial cave pitch with it, it'd be a 5/5 right in the middle of town! Why go looking for creative hides? Micros are so a thing of the past for me!

[edit to add picture]

1481_m.jpg

You know, that gives me an idea. You don't need an excavator that big, but you would need one. What you do is bury a potato gun with a spud er... cache in it. Then you drop lighter fluid down the cache and to retrieve the cache you drop a match down and duck. When the cache falls back to earth you catch it sign the log and drop it back down the hole.

Maybe you do need an excavator that bid, you would need a manhole to access the rear of the spud gun to add the fluid and light it correctly.

This has potential.

[edit to add picture]

1481_m.jpg

You know, that gives me an idea. You don't need an excavator that big, but you would need one. What you do is bury a potato gun with a spud er... cache in it. Then you drop lighter fluid down the cache and to retrieve the cache you drop a match down and duck. When the cache falls back to earth you catch it sign the log and drop it back down the hole.

Maybe you do need an excavator that bid, you would need a manhole to access the rear of the spud gun to add the fluid and light it correctly.

This has potential.

Why not a fill-tube and igniter tube? Fill, cap off, ignite. Not so much a traditional excavator, a small posthole digger would do the job.

hmm not sure how I can be a troll, when I started the thread... I'm not the one that started the argument in the first place, butting my nose in somewhere it wasn't wanted... in the sense of saying your opinion of something needing to be archived, that is....

kitty.jpg

hmm not sure how I can be a troll, when I started the thread... I'm not the one that started the argument in the first place, butting my nose in somewhere it wasn't wanted... in the sense of saying your opinion of something needing to be archived, that is....

kitty.jpg

I'm afraid you don't know what a "troll" is as/per alt-dot folklore(usenet).

It's a person who makes inflammatory and hostile comments designed to get people to respond to them.

You and Cotati are the two prime examples I've seen.

In fact, you even admit to trolling on numerous occasions. Alas, your vocabulary just isn't sufficient to call it for what it is.

Now, in response to "sticking my nose in" - it is further evident that you don't understand the concept of "discussion" or "forum". Wildly unsurprising given your atrocious spelling, construction, and grammar.

Edited by Adrenalynn

troll::

v. trolled, troll·ing, trolls

v. tr.

1. To fish for by trailing a baited line from behind a slowly moving boat.

2. To fish in by trailing a baited line: troll the lake for bass.

3. To trail (a baited line) in fishing.

2. Slang. To patrol (an area) in search for someone or something: " [Criminals] troll bus stations for young runaways" (Pete Axthelm).

3. Music.

1. To sing in succession the parts of (a round, for example).

2. To sing heartily: troll a carol.

4. To roll or revolve.

v. intr.

1. To fish by trailing a line, as from a moving boat.

1. To wander about; ramble.

2. Slang. To patrol an area in search for someone or something.

3. Music. To sing heartily or gaily.

4. To roll or spin around.

n.

1. The act of trolling for fish.

2. A lure, such as a spoon or spinner, that is used for trolling.

2. Music. A vocal composition in successive parts; a round.

as copied from one of my favorite websites

Genreally most wouldn't be considered a troll when they started the threads... In response I say we all would be trolls if you want to look at it that way... Most would call me a flamer rather then a troll.

Flammer:: n. Informal. An insulting criticism or remark meant to incite anger, as on a computer network. or Informal. To insult or criticize provokingly, as on a computer network.

Most frequently, the troll is the thread starter. They need to create controversy when they can't find it already running. You found it already running, it was looking to die down, so you created a new thread for it. Scavok's and my participation was clearly "feeding the troll".

You definition of trolling has only mild relation in context to The Internet (specifically, Usenet) definition of a troll and/or trolling in general.

Nice try, though.

Edited by Adrenalynn

in the sense of saying your opinion of something needing to be archived, that is....

Now you are getting someplace. Archiving. You have the power to do that to this topic. You think it might be time?

Hell i don't mind closing it, just seen a few was still talkin gbaout it, had said yesterday I'd close it after the reply came in, but went to bed and had alot more then the stuff before i my first reply this afternoon/eve

edited to add:: kinda funny she thinks I'M the troll, but still feeding????

Edited by wandat24
Most frequently, the troll is the thread starter. They need to create controversy when they can't find it already running. You found it already running, it was looking to die down, so you created a new thread for it. Scavok's and my participation was clearly "feeding the troll".

You definition of trolling has only mild relation in context to The Internet (specifically, Usenet) definition of a troll and/or trolling in general.

Nice try, though.

In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude or offensive messages designed to annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion.....

#1 what you did on the CCC thread was trolling. #2 As I have mentioned other then my intiseing I have been very nice and haven't done a whole lot that i or a couple of my friends that lurck to read it would call trolling... and like I said you keep feeding that also would make it apear that you're a troll.... read any other of my replies or threads and then try to call me a troll.....

flashingweekend.gif

I'm headed to bed soon, have a weeding shower in the morning for a friend and hopefully even though we're getting (the much needed) rain we're go caching sunday... may or may not be back on tonight..... or through the weekend. Take care everyone!

edited because i forgot i had to host the above have a wonderfull weekend thing myself....

Edited by wandat24

Nice try, though.

In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude or offensive messages designed to annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion.....

#1 what you did on the CCC thread was trolling. #2 As I have mentioned other then my intiseing I have been very nice and haven't done a whole lot that i or a couple of my friends that lurck to read it would call trolling... and like I said you keep feeding that also would make it apear that you're a troll.... read any other of my replies or threads and then try to call me a troll.....

1) Nice modified definition. The definitive definition is at alt.folklore.usenet - which existed long before "The Internet" and is where it originated.

2) I had been a member for months prior to that post. I have an equal right to comment on an illegal hide as any other paid member. So shove it.

4) You repetedly tried to convince scavok and myself to go at it further. Classic trolling.

5) You are inarticulate and can not maintain focus on a position for more than a few minutes.

6) What the flock is an "intiseing"?!?! Get a dictionary. There isn't a spellchecker on the planet that could make sense of that. . .

[edited to add: HamsterMod - I want points for not carving her. You and I have bumped heads on the mod thing once, so I just want it clear that in my opinion, I'm being wicked-nice with her... :lol:]

Edited by Adrenalynn

Point of clarification: this is not my moderator account. If I was serious, I'd put on my lab coat.

As for bumping heads, it's just a forum. Everyone has bad days. Today I am having a good day. :lol:

As for your post, isn't it mean-spirited to pick on someone when they are getting ready to go to a weeding shower? :lol:

Edited by The Leprechauns

Nice try, though.

1) Nice modified definition. The definitive definition is at alt.folklore.usenet - which existed long before "The Internet" and is where it originated.

2) I had been a member for months prior to that post. I have an equal right to comment on an illegal hide as any other paid member. So shove it.

4) You repetedly tried to convince scavok and myself to go at it further. Classic trolling.

5) You are inarticulate and can not maintain focus on a position for more than a few minutes.

6) What the flock is an "intiseing"?!?! Get a dictionary. There isn't a spellchecker on the planet that could make sense of that. . .

[edited to add: HamsterMod - I want points for not carving her. You and I have bumped heads on the mod thing once, so I just want it clear that in my opinion, I'm being wicked-nice with her... :lol: ]

Was fixing to head out thought I'd check one last time. FYI I got my information from wikipedia

go read it yourself. You're STILL feeding, and NO I didn't try to keep you guys going at it. Like you I was putting my 2 cents in... and as for all i care you can shove it too getting a bit testy?? AND I looked this one up on http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=testy just to satisfy you

<Edited by Moderator>

Edited by CYBret
Point of clarification: this is not my moderator account. If I was serious, I'd put on my lab coat.

As for bumping heads, it's just a forum. Everyone has bad days. Today I am having a good day. :lol:

As for your post, isn't it mean-spirited to pick on someone when they are getting ready to go to a weeding shower? :lol:

Thank you

Point 1) Any moron can contribute to a Wiki. YOU could contribute to a wiki! You could make up any definition you wanted to - and clearly frequently do. Wiki's are rarely definitive. When a more definitive source exists (such as the actual log of the original invention), the Wiki needs to be updated. I respectfully suggest you not be the one to do so...

Point 2) the definition of "incising" is to engrave or cut into, such as a stream or chisel. ROFL! See - I told you that no spell checker could do anything with it. Please now tell us how exactly you weren't doing a lot of engraving?

Point 3) This is like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person...

Poing 4) Weeding showers. ROFLMAO@HamsterNotInModRole

Edited by Adrenalynn

Nice try, though.

[edited to add: HamsterMod - I want points for not carving her. You and I have bumped heads on the mod thing once, so I just want it clear that in my opinion, I'm being wicked-nice with her... :lol: ]

i am tired.. enticing:: funny how my microsoft word understood it, isnt it?? i tried to do it in one of the last ones, but picked wrong one outta the 3 on microsoft word......

And, now i'm headed off to bed... with any luck you will give up... I am actually very smart, just don't see the need to waste my time on you..... my spelling isn't great, but if you wasn't like you are (can't use the word I want....) you'd known the word.... Most people instead of teasing others (btw i am dyslysic, kiss my a**) would think for a moment a child may not been able to figure it out, but if you're as smart as you want us to think you are shoulda been able to.

A still stand by the idea that you're the troll, and the fact you're STILL "feeding" is actually making me beleive it more....

Edited by wandat24

I get home...and have reported posts from the forums....whoopie.

Looking this over, I see some good examples of personal attacks. Why don't you kids take this to PM or somewhere else. I don't want to have to put up with it.

Personal attacks have crossed the line. This discussion is closed.

Bret