Magellan Explorist 100 Help

Podge54

Hello, Family and I went out doing our first cache hunt today. We got the Magellan Explorist 100 on sale at the local store and were successful in our hunts. However isn't there a way to enter the coordinates of the cache up front then follow the direction arrows to the area. Had we not known were these parks were we would have trouble. I can't find were I can enter coordinates on this unit. Any help is appreciated.

Podge: From your current location press the Mark button. Now, use the joystick to move to the part of the screen that has the coordinates. Now, you can again use the joystick to change the coordinates to the ones given on the Geocaching page. When you've entered the N coord's press down on the joystick to move to the West coord's. When you've finished editing the coords to match the ones for the geocache, then move down to Save and click it (but FIRST, either note the name of this poi (by default POI001) or else give it a name of your choosing). Now, you can press the GOTO button and choose the POI that you have just edited. You will now be on your way to the cache. Sound confusing? It's not really, but the following link will take you to a downloadable PDF file of the complete manual, which will answer all your questions. Have fun!

http://www.magellangps.com/assets/manuals/...st100Manual.pdf

Hello, Family and I went out doing our first cache hunt today. We got the Magellan Explorist 100 on sale at the local store and were successful in our hunts. However isn't there a way to enter the coordinates of the cache up front then follow the direction arrows to the area. Had we not known were these parks were we would have trouble. I can't find were I can enter coordinates on this unit. Any help is appreciated.

Hold down the "Goto" button until the GPS asks if you want to mark a waypoint. Scroll through the fields entering the icon, name, coordinates and any notes you want. Then save your changes and select go to from that waypoint's info screen.

Hold down the "Goto" button until the GPS asks if you want to mark a waypoint. Scroll through the fields entering the icon, name, coordinates and any notes you want. Then save your changes and select go to from that waypoint's info screen.

What receiver are you talking about? The GOTO button is for going to a waypoint. I don't have my eX100 with me at the moment, but I know this doesn't work on the eX400, which has the same interface.

What receiver are you talking about? The GOTO button is for going to a waypoint. I don't have my eX100 with me at the moment, but I know this doesn't work on the eX400, which has the same interface.

You're right, of course. It's been a while since I've held an Explorist, and I was looking at my MeriGold when I wrote that. Replace "Goto" with "Mark" and the instructions work.

I'd be interested in knowing if this method works on the Explorist series anyway. Try it: move the cursor anywhere away from the current location and hold the GOTO button down until the screen changes. See if it offers you the chance to save a waypoint.