Geocaching Gathering.

To whom it may concern

I am planing a extremly large gathering for all who wish to attend. For those who love to read i am also supporting a very large book readers club gathering in my area as well and depending on how much turn over i receive i will be making this event yearly. this event will begin in june and end in july after the 4th of july weekend. i will be suppling a raffle and and door prizes for each of my events. so if i can get a good response than i may get a few sponsers for the event to help in the prizes. so help me out. :)

To whom it may concern

I am planing a extremly large gathering for all who wish to attend. For those who love to read i am also supporting a very large book readers club gathering in my area as well and depending on how much turn over i receive i will be making this event yearly. this event will begin in june and end in july after the 4th of july weekend. i will be suppling a raffle and and door prizes for each of my events. so if i can get a good response than i may get a few sponsers for the event to help in the prizes. so help me out. :)

Yes, yes, yes, this is very good idea! I grossly and cannily applaud sensitive and artful mix of books and geocaching with blend of Fourth July in 2009. To complement your find offering of this auspicous, aspergous and eventful event, I hereby announce:

The Most Notable First Worldwide Geocaching Major Master Super Event

to be held on August 3, 2035. Please look shortly for the announcement of a website dedicated to this event, and for advance signup and reservation information; a link to the website will be provided.

Then, for the most exciting news of all, there will be a follow-up event on August 4, 2090, entitled:

The Second Worldwide Geocaching Major Master Super Event for Noble Persons of Inestimable Taste and Refinement and Also Simultaneous Concomitant Co-Hosted Commemorative for Most Notable and Honorable and Esteemed First Worldwide Geocaching Major Master Super Event of August 3, 2035

to commmorate the first event.

Please do the neeedful and sign up as soon as pastable.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

I'm not trying to stomp on your idea, but your initial post about the event is severely lacking. Some things that can help:

1. Give us an idea about previous large gatherings you have managed. Have you managed a large tradeshow, for example? Since Geowoodstock is an event you would have to compete with you should have experience managing events with an upwards of 1-2,000 people. By 2009 it will be a large crowd.

2. Spelling counts when trying to organize an event of this size. If you wish to be an event organizer you need to get your ideas across without detracting from your message with poor punctuation and spelling.

3. How are you funding this event? You'll need sponsorships or up front investment to handle things like porta potties, park reservations, security, etc.

4. It's best to contact Groundspeak first since this is considered a commercial event when you get this size.

I'm confused!

Where does it say that the event will be held in 2009?

Does it have something to do with the fact that Trektek2002 shows up every three years?

A person with one find is going to hold an "extremly large gathering for all who wish to attend."

I'm pretty sure I have to do my laundry and wash my Jeep that weekend, sorry.

I would be more excited about Vinny & Sue Team's announcement if I had seen them do better follow up in the past. They have for instance, announced, "I have initated the process which shall generate my 1,080,000 finds, and I wil also continue my earlier efforts to contact every cache owner in the universe and demand the right to log their caches as finds even though I did not find them. This will spread my finds over a larger cache base, and may well yield a final find count for me of well over 20,000,000 cache finds! " I observe however, that they still only logged some 600 - 700 finds, far short of the 20 million they promised. What kind of a super event can we expect from them?

Then, for the most exciting news of all, there will be a follow-up event on August 4, 2090, entitled:

The Second Worldwide Geocaching Major Master Super Event for Noble Persons of Inestimable Taste and Refinement and Also Simultaneous Concomitant Co-Hosted Commemorative for Most Notable and Honorable and Esteemed First Worldwide Geocaching Major Master Super Event of August 3, 2035

I'm letting you know as soon as pastabowl that that date has already been taken for *MY* event. You'll need to reschedule, please. I've been planning it since my event in 2090BCE. I'm expecting this one to be much better attended!

TIA!

I'm letting you know as soon as pastabowl that that date has already been taken for *MY* event. You'll need to reschedule, please. I've been planning it since my event in 2090BCE. I'm expecting this one to be much better attended!

TIA!

:PAAARRRGGGH!!! Foiled again by the diabolical but highly capable and gorgeous Adrenalynn! B)B)B)

Adrenalynn, I promise you, when you tackle our Psycho Urban Caches, that I will have proactively asked MD Fish and Wildlife Hatcheries Division to stock each cache site with hundreds of rattlesnakes, alligators and pirhanas. I will have my vengeance upon you for your petty foiling of my would-have-been-super August 4, 2090

Second Worldwide Geocaching Major Master Super Event for Noble Persons of Inestimable Taste and Refinement and Also Simultaneous Concomitant Co-Hosted Commemorative for Most Notable and Honorable and Esteemed First Worldwide Geocaching Major Master Super Event of August 3, 2035 event!

Curses upon you! AAARRRGGHHH!

:PB):huh:

We would like to have all of you sign up for our CITO event, around 5000 BC, we plan on cleaning up all the construction debris around the site where they will be building the Pyramids. Because I'm pretty certain that by the year 2090 we'll have Time Machines or TARDIS's or something, so you can bet there will be a category for time-traveling geocaches.

Edited by TinyMoon & The Pumpkin King

Wouldn't the gators just eat the piranhas and rattlers?

That's actually a good thing. I'll be encouraged that there will be no piranhas or rattlers - and I'll get to take home some new boots and an awesome new purse! B):P:huh:

AAARRRRGGGHHHH! :PB)B)

Check and Mate. And literally ROFL! *

* And now for those that AREN'T Psycho Vinny and his lovely but demented wife Sue: Yes. I'm well aware that gators don't generally take to dining on Piranha and Rattler Stew.

It scanned better than my first post, though, which involved creating snake-proof boots from the gators, then fashioning a blow-gun and poisoned darts from the snakes to take out the piranha. It started to get a little too convoluted for me to follow, and so I gave it up... B)

edited to add: Tiny and King - is there an event page up for this? I'll note my plans to have already attended!

Edited by Adrenalynn

I would be more excited about Vinny & Sue Team's announcement if I had seen them do better follow up in the past. They have for instance, announced, "I have initated the process which shall generate my 1,080,000 finds, and I wil also continue my earlier efforts to contact every cache owner in the universe and demand the right to log their caches as finds even though I did not find them. This will spread my finds over a larger cache base, and may well yield a final find count for me of well over 20,000,000 cache finds! " I observe however, that they still only logged some 600 - 700 finds, far short of the 20 million they promised. What kind of a super event can we expect from them?

:lol::) Sigh! Picky! Picky! Yoou gotta nit-pick, don't you, over a few million finds? :) Some people just take the cake! Sheesh! Lookit, Isonzo, it takes time to enter 20,000,000 fake finds and I have other obligations as well. Trust me, it will get done in time! Meanwhile, why dontcha sign up for my August 2035 event?

^_^:)

:lol::) Sigh! Picky! Picky! Yoou gotta nit-pick, don't you, over a few million finds? :) Some people just take the cake! Sheesh! Lookit, Isonzo, it takes time to enter 20,000,000 fake finds and I have other obligations as well. Trust me, it will get done in time! Meanwhile, why dontcha sign up for my August 2035 event?

^_^:)

(see, now I would have gone with the classic: "oh, I have them, but a programming bug won't take numbers that big, so the counter rolled-over" line...)

To whom it may concern

I am planing a extremly large gathering for all who wish to attend. For those who love to read i am also supporting a very large book readers club gathering in my area as well and depending on how much turn over i receive i will be making this event yearly. this event will begin in june and end in july after the 4th of july weekend. i will be suppling a raffle and and door prizes for each of my events. so if i can get a good response than i may get a few sponsers for the event to help in the prizes. so help me out. :lol:

Yes, yes, yes, this is very good idea! I grossly and cannily applaud sensitive and artful mix of books and geocaching with blend of Fourth July in 2009. To complement your find offering of this auspicous, aspergous and eventful event, I hereby announce:

to be held on August 3, 2035. Please look shortly for the announcement of a website dedicated to this event, and for advance signup and reservation information; a link to the website will be provided.

Is this going to be a pot-luck?

If so, do you know where I can get a 250 gallon slow cooker?

To whom it may concern

I am planing a extremly large gathering for all who wish to attend. For those who love to read i am also supporting a very large book readers club gathering in my area as well and depending on how much turn over i receive i will be making this event yearly. this event will begin in june and end in july after the 4th of july weekend. i will be suppling a raffle and and door prizes for each of my events. so if i can get a good response than i may get a few sponsers for the event to help in the prizes. so help me out. :lol:

Richard, we already have over 50,000 cachers signed up for the August 2035 event, and yes, there is a potluck table/tent. Please do the needful and increase size of slow cooker from 250 gallons to 2,500 gallons. Thank you very much in advance. And, please do not accept any solicitations from the beautiful and brilliant, but sinister and diabolical, Adrenalynn to attend her paltry competing August 4, 2035 geo event being held near my (bigger and better) event.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

Richard, we already have over 50,000 cachers signed up for the August 2035 event, and yes, there is a potluck table/tent. Please do the needful and increase size of slow cooker from 250 gallons to 2,500 gallons. Thank you very much in advance. And, please do not accept any solicitations from the beautiful and brilliant, but sinister and diabolical, Adrenalynn to attend her competing August 4, 2035 geo event being held near to my event.

No problem-o!

I think I can get my hands on one of these:

photo9.jpg

As for the Adrenalynn thing, by 2035 I should be able to clone myself and can attend both.

(I'm now picturing the look of panic on the faces of those who know me. "Oh... My... God! There's going to be more of him! :lol: )

To whom it may concern

To whom it may concern

And your point was. . .? :lol: