Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Desert_Warrior

Still Alive.

Hello friends, old and new. Just wanted to drop a line and say life is still going very well out here.

Way too much to type. Still a ham. Parker the Texas Chihuahua still hikes with me. We have over 40 hikes listed on localhikes.com now. Parker has earned his fourth title in obedience. Jeep motor is dieing, but I have a 93 4.0 EFI getting rebuilt to replace it. Got another few modules for the jeep radio. It now runs 28, 50, 144, 220, 440, 1200, plus 144 SSB and receives from 0.5 to 1000 MHz. Got the wife a new van, and bought a second IC-901a for it. She works 144, 220, 440, and 1200.

I picked up yet another hobby. Letterboxing. In some ways, I like it better than Geocaching. Instead of a box of junk you get a nice stamp in a logbook. I have converted most of my Geocaches to Letterbox Hybrids.

My son James finally got a ham license. He just returned from his second tour in Iraq. Those of you who remember me know James is a Cavalry Scout. He is also a paramedic. And he became a sniper. He was decorated for over 200 combat missions as a sniper this time. He is KC0WKY, currently at Ft. Carson CO... but moving to Ft. Hood TX soon.

Hope all is well with you-all. I will drop in again soon to see if there are any replies.

Y-all take care.

Mike. KD9KC