Gpsmap 60cx/csx

Here's a question for you computer whizzes out there...

I received my new 1GB MicroSD memory card and proceeded to install the card and load 500+MB of map data (according to the MapSource map loader). I then checked my GPSR to confirm that the maps had indeed loaded - and they had.

With the new card installed in my 60Cx, I then tried Windows Explorer to see what files are actually loaded on the card and how much memory I have remaining but Explorer didn't indicate anything loaded on the card. I also took the card out of the GPSR, put it into the SD adapter and then into my computer adapter and tried Explorer again - with the same results.

I know there's data on the card but Explorer doesn't seem to recognize it. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Does a new card need to be "formatted" somehow?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

Here's a question for you computer whizzes out there...

I received my new 1GB MicroSD memory card and proceeded to install the card and load 500+MB of map data (according to the MapSource map loader). I then checked my GPSR to confirm that the maps had indeed loaded - and they had.

With the new card installed in my 60Cx, I then tried Windows Explorer to see what files are actually loaded on the card and how much memory I have remaining but Explorer didn't indicate anything loaded on the card. I also took the card out of the GPSR, put it into the SD adapter and then into my computer adapter and tried Explorer again - with the same results.

I know there's data on the card but Explorer doesn't seem to recognize it. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Does a new card need to be "formatted" somehow?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

are you saying that the maps loaded and run on the gps? with my 128mb card, i cant load maps via my 60csx, i have to use a card reader.

In order to see the amount of space used you will have to have it in the sd card reader and plugged into the machine it won't work in the gps.

It looks like you tried that towards the end and still no joy? When you plug the drive in does it show up as a drive letter? Can you still see it as a choice in mapsource to transfer maps to? As far as I can tell from looking at mine everything gets put into a garmin folder right on the root of the micro, you should be able to either get properties on the drive letter, or get properties on the garmin folder to see how much space is used.

Or you can watch as you load the maps in mapsource it will tell you how much space is being used (bottom of the maps tab).

Or with the latest beta firmware loaded it seems as though people have been saying they added a memory check to the gpsr itself, but I am not sure how it works. But I know it is only included in the latest beta firmware.

*Edit - It looks like the memory check is in the tracks, setup, data card setup, section on the gpsr.

Hope this helps...

kgag.

Edited by kgag