Off Your Rocker Series

High muggle oppertunity is right but you can do it with style.

drop your keys and kneel down to "retrieve" them

Act like you are an antiques fan

get a group and do a screen find

or just look like I do. No one cares what you are doing. they just think you are wierd, just like half of the people just off the interstate.

a friend of mine was approached by a muggle and he said that his wife lost her keys. pretty soon half the restaurant was looking under rocking chairs and in the bushes while he and his wife resumed looking for the cache.

The national corporate offices are now aware of this. They don't sponsor it in any way, as far as I know.

Now I'm curious. If they're aware but they don't sponsor it <here comes the question> ... then they tolerate them?

If so, that's marketing genius!

Yep!

probably gets them about as many new customers in a year as they normally see all morning- or perhaps in the first hour!

I looked for 2 of them this weekend. DNF X2. Don't really care- I came to eat. That was successful.

I've noticed that Cracker Barrels seem to get a lot of caches. So on one of my last trips we decided to stop there & eat. I just decided to look in some of the most obvious places. Mind you I had no idea if a cache was there or not & had no GPS anyway, so decided to look while waiting to be called to sit down & eat. The first place I looked "I'll be doggone" I found one! What a cool little surprize. Smiled the rest of the eway home due to that. :P Just a nice little surprize!

I've noticed that Cracker Barrels seem to get a lot of caches. So on one of my last trips we decided to stop there & eat. I just decided to look in some of the most obvious places. Mind you I had no idea if a cache was there or not & had no GPS anyway, so decided to look while waiting to be called to sit down & eat. The first place I looked "I'll be doggone" I found one! What a cool little surprize. Smiled the rest of the eway home due to that. :( Just a nice little surprize!

Now despite the fact that I posted elsewhere in this thread my not-positive opinion of this cache series, I must admit OBH, THAT is a cool story! :P

We're fairly new to the activity, but since the first six months were in Florida we became familiar with OYR very quickly. On a recent visit to CO I went to a CB with relatives, acted on previous experiences, and quickly located a micro. It was not called OYR, but was exactly the same (and never on a rocking chair). As we left Florida traveling with our RV (We're fulltime RV'ers) Cracker Barrels were great spots to stop, stretch our legs, etc. and locate a cache (usually, not always.) We like 'em, if we didn't we'd simply pass on by. I'm glad there are types of caches for everyone.

One time, my husband was on his hands and knees under a washing machine when a lady-muggle walked by. She laughed and said, "Trying to figure out how the thing worked?" "Yep," was his nonchalant reply.

Edited by carolalma