Accepting Mailed Overseas Tbs

team siata

We've just returned from a 6 week vacation in New Zealand, which included lots of caching, taking over 20 TBs to NZ for placement, and bringing back 20 from there to place here in Northern California.

I Emailed each owner asking permission for the transfer and got enthusiatic OKs from all but two that wanted to stay. I get the idea that lots of owners would like the thought of overseas travel for their bugs.

It's occurred to me that acting as a recipient for TBs mailed here for initial placement might be a good thing. Does anyone have an idea / opinion about that? :mad: Any thoughts about how to publish the information on availability?

team siata Walnut Creek Calif.

We've just returned from a 6 week vacation in New Zealand, which included lots of caching, taking over 20 TBs to NZ for placement, and bringing back 20 from there to place here in Northern California.

I Emailed each owner asking permission for the transfer and got enthusiatic OKs from all but two that wanted to stay. I get the idea that lots of owners would like the thought of overseas travel for their bugs.

It's occurred to me that acting as a recipient for TBs mailed here for initial placement might be a good thing. Does anyone have an idea / opinion about that? :lol: Any thoughts about how to publish the information on availability?

team siata Walnut Creek Calif.

I've not signed onto the forums before, but thought I'd enter my two cents worth.

I sometimes send TBs to a friend on the continent of Europe, especially those with the purpose of going overseas to a specific country. If they waited for a ride with a cacher, they might never move on to their ultimate destination. As a multi TB owner, I love getting emails telling me how far my bugs have gone. I just wish I could go with them! I'd say that unless there is specific instruction to the contrary, sned them on!

I think that mailing TB's for initial placement is fine, but mailing existing TB's seems like it goes against the spirit of the TB game. TB's do go overseas on their own. Not only have we personally had TB's end up in other countries, we have taken them there ourselves, brought others back and seen people arrange for someone they know is traveling overseas to take some with them. TB's are meant to move somewhat randomly, that's part of the fun. Having a TB meet a goal is kind of like winning against nearly insurmountable odds. I'm not saying you shouldn't mail TB's, it just seems like if you did you'd be missing out on the chance for a great feeling of accomplishment.

I think that mailing TB's for initial placement is fine, but mailing existing TB's seems like it goes against the spirit of the TB game. TB's do go overseas on their own. Not only have we personally had TB's end up in other countries, we have taken them there ourselves, brought others back and seen people arrange for someone they know is traveling overseas to take some with them. TB's are meant to move somewhat randomly, that's part of the fun. Having a TB meet a goal is kind of like winning against nearly insurmountable odds. I'm not saying you shouldn't mail TB's, it just seems like if you did you'd be missing out on the chance for a great feeling of accomplishment.

I agree. It seems that the whole idea of a TB is for it to go from Cache to Cache not mailbox to mailbox.

Scare Force One

Edited by Scare Force One

I've have mailed a bug I owned to another country to be released. I plan on doing it again.

As for bugs you find, if the owner is ok with it go ahead and send it on. There are bugs that find caches and there are bugs that find cachers. Let the owner decide which one they prefer.