New Category Proposal: Guinness World Records

This category will be set up to show towns, monuments, or stuff associated with Guinness world records.

What do you think? is this worth a category... Help

This will be my first category idea, so any help would be great

Amy :mad:

Oh, I think this is a great category!

There are several challenges:

Finding permanent things to waymark. Many records are just that -- records, and there is nothing physical in space to waymark. So, there has to be a definite marke, building, etc. that is officially connected AND clearl identified with the Guinness record to locate, photograph, and waymark.

Second, some research and thought needs to go into variables. I'm not really familiar enough with the Guinness Book to make suggestions here, but it should parallel its structure. (You might even want to include the page number, or something, from the book as a variable).

Anyway, I think this would be a fascinating category, so I hope you wil go ahead and create your management group, then they can help you with the category creation.

This is pretty cool. Some recommendations:

1. Date the record was broken

2. You are marking a plaque, marker, or original photo of the record being broken at the location

3. No "tallest man" or "longest beard" type records unless there is a plaque at the location where the person lived.