New Category Proposal: In Search Of Steam

Hello, I would be glad to help out where I can. I agree that you should and need to define what you are wanting to start.

First you should check out the other groups that are already forming categories.

There are currently categories or categories forming for:

Existing Categories

Railroad Roundhouses

Abandoned Train Tunnels

Proposed Categories

Tourist Railroads

Trestles & Bridges

Former Railway Depots I don't really know where this is in the process but it is discussed in this forum thread.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=130183 This thread is full of ideas for rail related categories and the Static Train display idea is still available as far as I know. If that is what you mean by In Search of Steam.

Before I formed the Scenic Railroad/Tourist train group to develop a category I did a forum search to see if someone had already proposed it. I saw that you had an undeniable interest and sent you an email a few weeks back explaining group management and saying that I felt you were the perfect ones to start a category like this. I wonder now if you even received the message. I didn't hear back from you and formed a group just this week.

I would be honored if you joined up with this group to submit ideas and possibly help manage it if you would like.

This would also allow you to see a little of how the sight works on that end of things. We are at the beginning of the process and it would be a great time to sign on and learn the ropes of forming a category.

When you form a category

You must first organize a group to manage it.

A group is made up of three or more premium members.

This process is explained here. Visit Link

Tips on the formation of a group are found here in this forum thread. Visit Link