Waterway Locks, Planes And Lifts Group

Hello All,

We have several lock submissions over the weekend that do not contain pictures. I tried to send a message to the submitter asking for pictures but believe it never went through due to the email problems. Since then, the waymarks have been approved and are now active.

What do you think our policy should be for approving waymarks that do not contain pictures?

What do you think we should do (if anything) about the current waymarks that have no pictures?

Do we need to change/update the category description?

~J of TeamRJMK~

edit to add: the web link also appears to be invalid

Edited by TeamRJMK

Hello All,

We have several lock submissions over the weekend that do not contain pictures. I tried to send a message to the submitter asking for pictures but believe it never went through due to the email problems. Since then, the waymarks have been approved and are now active.

What do you think our policy should be for approving waymarks that do not contain pictures?

What do you think we should do (if anything) about the current waymarks that have no pictures?

Do we need to change/update the category description?

~J of TeamRJMK~

edit to add: the web link also appears to be invalid

This is my mistake...I've become accustomed to having the "I've submitted a photograph" checkbox in other categories, so didn't catch the obvious lack of a photograph. Our category rules specify a photograph, so these shouldn't have been approved. I'll try to track down the submitter and ask to have the waymarks amended to include one or more photographs....

I reccomend, that a deadline be added to the emails going out to anyone who's waymarks were mistakenly approved. That way the leader or designate can decline the waymark at a certain time, if the photo or error is not corrected.

That's a good idea, but there doesn't appear to be a way (at least in this case) to decline the waymark, now that it's been approved. The person who entered the waymark needs to make the change....

Thanks wilsonlj. I agree with chstress53 that including a deadline is a good idea. I'm willing to give some leeway if they reply back with a time estimate for including a picture rather than just not replying at all.

I double checked & the "Require a photo for waymarks?" box is checked on the category settings page. Do you know if there is another setting I need to make?

Thanks,

~J of TeamRJMK~

Thanks wilsonlj. I agree with chstress53 that including a deadline is a good idea. I'm willing to give some leeway if they reply back with a time estimate for including a picture rather than just not replying at all.

I double checked & the "Require a photo for waymarks?" box is checked on the category settings page. Do you know if there is another setting I need to make?

Thanks,

~J of TeamRJMK~

I don't know...I'd like to experiment a bit with the "Require a photo for waymarks?" feature to see if it's really a bug or if we're just not implementing it right. If I get time tonight, I'll run a test case or two to see what's happening....

WilsonJ said " That's a good idea, but there doesn't appear to be a way (at least in this case) to decline the waymark, now that it's been approved." Maybe that is because you approved it. Other officers I believe can decline the waymark, I have seen this done in other Categories, like The NAtional Historic sites category.

WilsonJ said " That's a good idea, but there doesn't appear to be a way (at least in this case) to decline the waymark, now that it's been approved." Maybe that is because you approved it. Other officers I believe can decline the waymark, I have seen this done in other Categories, like The NAtional Historic sites category.

I can see waymarks that have been approved / rejected by others, but only if I arrive at that page through the email link that's sent as a result of the waymark being submitted. These waymarks, I believe, were submitted while the site was in debug mode, so emails weren't sent. I'll check that later today, when I can run through the email archive....

I can see waymarks that have been approved / rejected by others, but only if I arrive at that page through the email link that's sent as a result of the waymark being submitted. These waymarks, I believe, were submitted while the site was in debug mode, so emails weren't sent. I'll check that later today, when I can run through the email archive....

I don't think I did get emails for when these were submitted.