Random Invites From Strange Categories

In the last week I've recieved 2 invites to groups/category proposals that I wouldn't really likely be interested in being part of. (might submit waymarks but wouldn't likely join the group.) What is odd to me is that neither of these invites did I post any interest in previously, they don't have any accompanying message to tell me why they invited me, and I think one of em wasn't even on the first page of category recruitment threads when it invited me.

Do these sorts of random invites happen to others? Or am I somehow the only one? If this is how group owners are doing business I am going to wonder about the practice of even allowing group owners to spam like that.

Yes.

Just go with the flow.

People are wanting to get their categories started.

Help 'em out!

While I feel for them on that respect... I can't very well be an officer in 50 categories... my inbox gets filled quickly enough already=P And it isn't like I don't watch the category recruition threads to offer my help to those I do like... spamming my inbox with unasked for or even explained requests surely doesn't help endear me to the category that I already likely passed up...

Since the group management is based on some experiences with World of Warcraft, I would expect that similar things would happen. People run around in the WoW game asking people to sign their charter (it takes 15). You'll see some recruting going on here as well.

We have a feature enhancement planned to allow you to automatically turn down requests. I probably get inundated with them more than most - even with my abrasive personality :mad:

Since the group management is based on some experiences with World of Warcraft, I would expect that similar things would happen. People run around in the WoW game asking people to sign their charter (it takes 15). You'll see some recruting going on here as well.

We have a feature enhancement planned to allow you to automatically turn down requests. I probably get inundated with them more than most - even with my abrasive personality :mad:

Got bored of WoW in a week so never knew they had a 15 person minimum on guilds.. that is harsh... no wonder they get spam... most games need like 5 or 6 to start a guild... some need just 1. I never would have thought that'd be the source of your idea lol (btw... wow players are newbs but I digress).

The automatically turn down thing would be nice. I would suggest to have it return a message to the invitor stating the reason for the denial... just in case someone logically makes an invite...

(btw... wow players are newbs but I digress).

wha+3v3r d00d mah l337 lvl 60 w4r10ck t0t411y pwnz0rz j00!!!11SHIFT+1!

/derail

LoL, it's true though, the game is weak.. i mean how long does it take to get a lvl 60 warlock... a weekend?=P Speaking of which we really need a general thread for Waymarking or something... so we can get off topic every now and then.

I think now we know why some of the features on the site take so long to implement :):):angry::blink::)

LoL wait until the next update when they add phat lewt, instanced waymarks, and player-vs-player combat!

Uh.. that's that other project marked as a ? on the Groundspeak.com web site. How did you know? :o

I think now we know why some of the features on the site take so long to implement :):):angry::blink::)

LoL wait until the next update when they add phat lewt, instanced waymarks, and player-vs-player combat!

We already have PvP here in the forums! :o

(although more so in the Geocaching fora)

I've had the opposite happen to me...I started a group, and invited a couple of the people who joined other similar groups that I'm a part of, and then received "didn't accept invitation" emails from people that I know that I did not invite...weird, but easy enough to just delete and forget.

Jamie - NFA

I've had the opposite happen to me...I started a group, and invited a couple of the people who joined other similar groups that I'm a part of, and then received "didn't accept invitation" emails from people that I know that I did not invite...weird, but easy enough to just delete and forget.

Jamie - NFA

I've had this happen too.