Gps Time

I have a Garmin GPSMap 76 and just found out that if I save a track I loose all of my waypoint times. It looks like if it can save all of the other information it should save the time. When I'm out Geocaching I want to the tracks then I can use Topofusion to view the tracks on a map and have any pictures I took show up at the waypoints.

Is this common to all GPSs? Am I the only one that needs the time saved?

I have a Garmin GPSMap 76 and just found out that if I save a track I loose all of my waypoint times. It looks like if it can save all of the other information it should save the time. When I'm out Geocaching I want to the tracks then I can use Topofusion to view the tracks on a map and have any pictures I took show up at the waypoints.

Yes, my 60 does the same (because it uses the same firmware).

Though the elevation and position is saved, time is not saved.

If you need that and have more than 10,000 trackpoints, give the 2.62 Beta firmware a try, it can save the log to the SD card.

I never use saved tracks, because they are reduced to 500 points, I only use the active log.

As long as you don't need more than the 10,000 points of active tracklog, the solution is just not to save the tracklog. You can download the active tracklog to Mapsource (or Topofusion), and work with that directly.

Keith

That is what I'm doing now. The problom is when you have points that are close to geather they are on top of each other in Mapsource and you cannot zoom in close enough to see them.

Carl

Within Mapsource, you can also apply a filter to reduce the number of track points without losing the time data, if you just want to reduce the number of points so that they are further spaced out. You could also adjust the trackpoint sampling on the GPS itself so that you get fewer trackpoints in your active log to start with.

Keith

Within Mapsource, you can also apply a filter to reduce the number of track points without losing the time data, if you just want to reduce the number of points so that they are further spaced out. You could also adjust the trackpoint sampling on the GPS itself so that you get fewer trackpoints in your active log to start with.

Keith

Would you be so kind and tell me how I can apply a filter to reduce the number of track points?

Carl

Would you be so kind and tell me how I can apply a filter to reduce the number of track points?

In MapSource. Go to the tracks tab.

Right click on the track.

Click Track Properties

Click Filter (lower right)

Set your options in there. Auto works really well for me.