Google Earth...

Is anyone having Google Earth problems today, or is it just my PC? I have tried reloading it a number of times, and switching the Geocaching layer off, but it's still all fuzzy The resolution is rubbish, everything's all blurry. :ph34r: It's like the UK has been censored with big blurry squares.

(And yes - I have used it before, and it doesn't usually look like this!)

There are a number of new sections which have been added to the map. They are of not particularly high quality but they are much newer than some of the old ones. It may be that they have replaced old, high res data with new, lower res data in some areas.

The high res areas I have looked at seem OK. Is your internet connection slow and therefore taking a long time to load the image. Make sure the streaming bar at the bottom is showing 100% :ph34r:

Is anyone having Google Earth problems today, or is it just my PC? I have tried reloading it a number of times, and switching the Geocaching layer off, but it's still all fuzzy The resolution is rubbish, everything's all blurry. ;) It's like the UK has been censored with big blurry squares.

(And yes - I have used it before, and it doesn't usually look like this!)

Hi,

I occasionally get something like this. The first indication of the problem is when the Earth first appears - it has a rainbow coloured fuzzy ring around the globe and everything is very fuzzy when it is zoomed in. It only goes away after re-booting the pc.

I first noticed it when I installed a new printer/scanner, so I had assumed it was something to do with that - but it now seems to come and go at random.

Sorry that I can't offer anything but sympathy. Anyone else?