Ever Sign The Log Using The Wrong Name?

geognerd

There have been times when I was walking back to the car and wondered if I accidentally signed the log with my username for other websites instead of "geognerd." Anyone ever mistakenly sign with the wrong name or their real name?

Multiple personality disorder identification mental malfunction?

Dale

Edited by Dale_Lynn
Since I use the same user name for every website I've ever joined, it isn't a problem.

Ditto, I even will respond to my username like it was my first name. I think I'd have more trouble introducing myself as "Airmapper" instead of my real name.

Hey Brian, I found you on a Kayaking site I visit.

Actually.. I've been calling myself Harry Dolphin for ten or fifteen years. Back when 'handles' were used on Bulletin Boards. Sometimes I think that more people know me as Harry than by my real name. A lot of geocachers are surprised to hear that my name isn't really Harry. ;)

Nope. Never siged a cache with my real name.

I'll write the date, enter a few comments about the search, note what was traded (if anything), and then get ready to put the logbook back in the cache and notice that....... I have completely forgotten to write my username(or any username) :) Then I get my pen out again and try to scrawl in "4wheelin_fool" somehow where it doesn't look like I had forgotten it.... <_<

I'll write the date, enter a few comments about the search, note what was traded (if anything), and then get ready to put the logbook back in the cache and notice that....... I have completely forgotten to write my username(or any username) :mad: Then I get my pen out again and try to scrawl in "4wheelin_fool" somehow where it doesn't look like I had forgotten it.... :mad:

I've done this.....So, I just started putting my name at the end anyways (well most the time), then I put the date (Hopefully I remember the date, sometimes I do sometimes I'm off by a few days..a week once.....), then I lightly outline what I put down.

I used to work with a ministry that required us to send out "Thank you" letters to our financial contributors once a month. One month I quickly signed the letters, sealed them in envelopes and turned them in to the receptionist, only to come back later and rip them all open.....

Yup...I had signed every one of them, "God bless! CYBret"...just like I do the cache logs.

:mad:

I use a stamp I had made to sign logs, so it's hard to sign the wrong name. But once I did toss it into the log's Zip-loc bag by accident, and didn't notice till I got to the next cache, I had to go back and get it.

Edited by Cruiserdude

There have been times when I was walking back to the car and wondered if I accidentally signed the log with my username for other websites instead of "geognerd." Anyone ever mistakenly sign with the wrong name or their real name?

Yeah, just the other day I signed one:

"Wow, what a piece of #(&%^#%& cache this is.

Yours,

geognerd"

:)

Edited by ParrotRob

Yeah, just the other day I signed one:

"Wow, what a piece of #(&%^#%& cache this is.

Yours,

geognerd"

:lol:

Gee, thanks. If I ever visit my friend in Baltimore, I'll make sure to make a special trip out to visit your cache. Then you can see how the authentic version of that log looks! :)

I'm more for the random date. My first few caches had a different username that I've used for years - but I hadn't tried to register it yet, and it was taken... I've taken to going to the Info screen on my GPS and checking the date and time before signing now. How the %^#$ should I know what date it is? That's the problem with not working "standard work weeks" anymore.

Anyone ever mistakenly sign with the wrong name or their real name?

No.

Spelling, yes.

please, tell me, by this, you mean I'm not the only one who forgets how to spell my name... what's sad is Wanda is my actual name.......

doooce

due or deu? hmmmm

Yes, I am a gomer.

Anyone ever mistakenly sign with the wrong name or their real name?

No.

Spelling, yes.

please, tell me, by this, you mean I'm not the only one who forgets how to spell my name... what's sad is Wanda is my actual name.......

doooce

due or deu? hmmmm

Yes, I am a gomer.

Honestly I think my BIGGEST problem is while I'm typing i tend to spell it wandat24 or wndt24 when writing i have to stop and think at times. Atlest I didn't use my maiden name (which since I'm married would just be wrong). It's German and I was in 3rd grade before I could even spell it :blink:

Edited by wandat24