Filtered Out!

I noticed a few days ago that the Recovered US Benchmarks category was down to 85% in the popularity scale.

I recall that when the category formation was opened up to the current procedure, the popularity index of every category (including the RUSB category) was reset to 100%. (I don't think the RUSB category was that high before that reset.) Anyway I figured 'no big deal' until I was logged out and noticed that the RUSB category was invisible!

I sorta thought that 50% was the threshold for something, but found that only the top 20% can be seen by someone not logged in. I don't know whether that's the same situation for non-premium members. I think there was a threshold for that.

I tested the popularity filter while logged in and the RUSB category is still visible when the popularity filter is set to see the top 20%. When I set it to only 10%, then it disappeared from the directory; no surprise at that.

What are the popularity thresholds for visibility now? Are there 2 thresholds, one for 'logged out' and another one for non-premium members?

I noticed a few days ago that the Recovered US Benchmarks category was down to 85% in the popularity scale.

I recall that when the category formation was opened up to the current procedure, the popularity index of every category (including the RUSB category) was reset to 100%. (I don't think the RUSB category was that high before that reset.) Anyway I figured 'no big deal' until I was logged out and noticed that the RUSB category was invisible!

I sorta thought that 50% was the threshold for something, but found that only the top 20% can be seen by someone not logged in. I don't know whether that's the same situation for non-premium members. I think there was a threshold for that.

I tested the popularity filter while logged in and the RUSB category is still visible when the popularity filter is set to see the top 20%. When I set it to only 10%, then it disappeared from the directory; no surprise at that.

What are the popularity thresholds for visibility now? Are there 2 thresholds, one for 'logged out' and another one for non-premium members?

It looks like there's a bug associated with the popularity index. I just checked RUSB, and it's page says there's been a -2^31 % decline in popularity for that category. I'm guessing here, but if the index is off, anything that depends on that index will be off, as well.

I think the category filter still has some problem.

Now, when I'm logged out, I only see 2 categories listed in the Benchmarks area, the UK and the Spanish ones. I was thinking well maybe it's going to show only the 100% ones. Not so. Canadian National Historic Sites was visible at 80% and Building Buildings was visible at 66%! These are new, I think, so how'd they get so low already???

When I log in, all categories become visible since I have my Popularity Filter set at 100%.

I think the category filter still has some problem.

Now, when I'm logged out, I only see 2 categories listed in the Benchmarks area, the UK and the Spanish ones. I was thinking well maybe it's going to show only the 100% ones. Not so. Canadian National Historic Sites was visible at 80% and Building Buildings was visible at 66%! These are new, I think, so how'd they get so low already???

When I log in, all categories become visible since I have my Popularity Filter set at 100%.

Yes, the popularity filter still isn't working properly, but our best and brightest are working out the issues as I write this. Sorry for the trouble.