How Many Coins In Closest 400 Caches (trackable)

Hula Bum

For 400 caches I go out 75 kilomteres. (about 45 miles)

6 coins in caches

2 x USA

1 x GCC Ammo tin(Mine)

1x Bad Andy

1 x BelKen(Mine)

1 x Nielsnc Thanksgiving.

I do know we also have within this patch 8 others doing the rounds of caches

1x San diego

1 x Bike Dog(Mine)

1 x GCC Northwind

1 x New Jersey

1 x UK

1 x National Park

1 x Loggerheads

1 x Balloon

Thanks to those that sent some for release here.

I checked again today - the numbers do change regularly. Here's what I found:

400 caches = 31 miles

TB: 67

WJTB: 2

YJTB: 1

Geocoins: 12

Almost all the coins and jeeps have been placed in the cache by the last visitor, so they are really likely to be there - at least until the next visitor arrives.

Coins:

USA: 6 (one might be missing - mine as luck would have it)

Generic: 2 (one is mine and one is a FTF prize I left in a cache)

NJ: 1

EU: 1

NC: 1

Jan Signal: 1

There was one missing USA and 1 missing NC not included in the above totals.

For a moment there I thought my number would be a big fat zero, but I managed to find two coins. One on page 17 and one on page 18. That only takes me 38.4km away. both of thsoe spots take some travelling to get to. One is off-road accessable, and the other is a hike up a mountain ridge line.

Only one WJTB, and it is missing.

A fair number of TB's. Too many to bother counting.

I have a pocket query for bugs so it's easy to exclude bug/coin-less caches.

From Federal Way WA

within the nearest 400 caches containing either bugs or coins

there are 38 geocoins

(which covers about 1400 caches in total excluding event caches)

radius from here is 22.2 miles

'many, many different types of coins'

before you ask, no Moun10Bike coins in that total.

Edited by vds

That's it, my mission has officially started. I will be stealing coins from Kealia, drilling them, attaching my tags on what to do with the coin and sending them off, hopefully it'll encourage others to do the same (that haven't already), and then maybe someday most caches will have coins moving in them!

Interesting, I had the same thought a couple weeks ago. About 15 GC's were dropped in southern Nevada, Utah, and Arizona the last couple weeks while I was on a road trip. (FYI...airport security gets real interested in bags of dense materials that are in close proximity of electronic gear. I am on a first name basis with TSA now.) I spent the afernoon today prepping a rather large sack of GC's for dropping. Likely they will have short cache lives here in the SF Bay area, but it has been fun watching some of the ones in the Southwest actually move around a bit.

BTW...be sure to give us a heads up when you drop Kealia's Mtn10bike collection. :ph34r:

I came up with 9 coins within 35 miles in 150 caches.

I like the coins and the icons so I made a Piggy Bank cache GCVH9T similar to a TB hotel but with geocoins in mind. Not to get a bunch of coins horded in this cache but to get some in the area, I figure if they swap a coin they might put it somewhere nearby and we could get more coins in the area.

Unfortunately there have already been a few "take only visits", but this is offset by several cachers mentioning that they are planning to get some coins and start them in my cache and in the area.

I came up with 9 coins within 35 miles in 150 caches.

I like the coins and the icons so I made a Piggy Bank cache GCVH9T similar to a TB hotel but with geocoins in mind. Not to get a bunch of coins horded in this cache but to get some in the area, I figure if they swap a coin they might put it somewhere nearby and we could get more coins in the area.

Unfortunately there have already been a few "take only visits", but this is offset by several cachers mentioning that they are planning to get some coins and start them in my cache and in the area.

On my next trip through, I will try to visit and drop a few. Glen

BTW...be sure to give us a heads up when you drop Kealia's Mtn10bike collection. <_<

hehehe..... :rolleyes:

Just finished getting 7 coins ready to release today using the Mauison method. Quite easy and quick.

Hopefully this helps spur activity in the area.

12 Pages = 225 caches

12 Pages = 100 miles

2 Coins in 225 caches those being USA geocoins

2 Jeep

TB outweigh coins in my area at 25 in 225 caches

Interesting post! I released an unactivated USA geocoin for a FTF and the first and only visitor commented on this being his first coin...so far.

No stats on how his are doing yet, I think they may still be sitting on his dining table has he hasn't been caching much recently. We just got our 7 done yesterday, it was very easy and quick to do, now we just have to get out and put them out there! Will try to keep an update on how successful it is (and get a mauison update as well).

There is no doubt in my mind after watching this thread that more coins need to be put out, and put out in such a way that they have a higher chance of staying in caches.

Ok, I have meaning to do this, here it is, believe it or not

20 Pages=400 Caches

51 Coins

33 TB's

1 White Jeep

88.3 Miles from my home coords

13 of these are in the MS Delorme Challenge Cache so little chance of the average cacher grabbing them

Some of them (did not count) are coin "copies" not the actual coin

Mississippi, home of Quality Caches with Coins :) Swing through on the way to Geowoodstock!!

Mauison method:

- Drill small hole

- Print out coin tag with goal

- Attach tag to coin with airplane cable

- Secure with aluminim crimps

- Set free!

Could you make the template for the coin tag available? I am assuming you have a MS Word document or such.

400 caches - 12.6 miles and 1 USA geocoin and it is missing from the cache. Have to go out to the 576th cache to see a coin. It was dropped yesterday.

Went out 50 pages (1000 caches) and foun 2 coins in place, 2 missing jeeps and 4 missing coins. Obviously not living in a coin rich environment.

Edited by jangor

400 caches is 11.5 mile radius:

8 geocoins:

Yosemite Geocoin

Phone A Friend Geocoin

Bluebonnet Geocoin

California Micro Geocoin

2 x USA Geocoin

Bluebonnet Geocoin

Texas 2006 Geocoin

57 Travel bugs

Go out to 40 mile radius for coins, and these pop up as well:

Finland Geocoin

3 x USA

Compass Rose

Screw

Long Island Geocoin

2 x Rhode Island Geocoin

Bluebonnet Geocoin

Prime Meridian Geocoin

Most are in the caches, as we have helped move them along or started them off ( Thanks to Chris "Crake" )

-HiDude_98

400 caches in 10.2 miles, 7 various geocoins listed but at least one known missing. Funny though, we've got a lot of the former coin collectors in this area starting to release all but a few of thier geocoins into caches, so hopefully as the summer rolls on we'll have more traveling. I'll be releasing a few of mine shortly as well, while I also keep a few that I really like :o Heck, I went and bought an extra spin geocoin just to be able to release one :D

Celticwulf