Signature Items

You know, I have to comment on Sig Items...they were the precursors to this 'Geocoin Craze', and in all honesty, I like to see these in a cache rather than coins. It's a REAL treasure to come across a unique item designed by another cacher.

Those look great! Keep up the good work!

My Sig Item? It's cheap as dirt!

b2143500-7ff0-4451-b9f8-30ebf69d1b2c.jpg

You know, I have to comment on Sig Items...they were the precursors to this 'Geocoin Craze', and in all honesty, I like to see these in a cache rather than coins. It's a REAL treasure to come across a unique item designed by another cacher.

Those look great! Keep up the good work!

My Sig Item? It's cheap as dirt!

b2143500-7ff0-4451-b9f8-30ebf69d1b2c.jpg

What a great item! I would love to see that in a cache.

Those are great, I'd love to find one in a cache! I'd like to put in my request, as long as you have to go to Savannah, Wisconsin, Florida, and West Virginia, how 'bout you make a swing through Michigan to drop some in caches there too? ;)

(edited out typo)

Edited by mizdeeds

I would like to make signiture items as well, but I don't want to put out the effort because all the caches I have gone to recently have old toys or socks in them. My kids and I havn't taken something in a long time. I sometimes feel as though the things we have to give away are "too good" for the kinds of caches we run into. Maybe it is were I live. I just wish people would trade fairly or not at all. One thing is good though we have been to some beautiful spots and that is usually reward in and of itself. Just a feeling I have been having for awhile and wanted to vent.

Is it ok to trade something and take a sig item? I have seen a lot of coins made by people. I thought that people put them there kind of like signing the log "I was here". I didn't think it would be appropriate to take an item like that.

Those are really really cool. Do you sell those at craft shows? I have bought things that look similar. I agree that mostly it is just trashy stuff in caches. One of my first caches was packed with stuff including a wooden treasure box, a DVD, new knife still in a package, money, new kid's toys, a glow stick, a poncho, etc. I knew a lot of that stuff would be traded for junk but I wanted to place a nice cache. I would be happy to see something like your sig item in one of my caches.

Eric

:laughing: A little more information about these. I started making them about 10 days ago. The idea was to make a customized walking stick, so I thought I would practice on some small pieces of oak from the woods next to my house. The first couple I created were carved in the bark, then I tried it without the bark and stained. I can do the carving in about 10 minutes, then another 10 on the sanding. To do the carving, I’m using a box cutter, a moto tool and an xacto. I can do a lot of the work while my kids are playing in the yard. On the back I put HH and 06. Several have asked about trades, just shoot me an email. Thanks again for all the compliments.