What To Buy

I am a newby and am confused on which GPS as an entry level unit. I am considering the Magellan 210 or the Garmin Legend. Any suggestions out there? Also, what do you do if you go to Hawaii or a Caribbean Island? Do you get good enough points to really find the caches? I am hoping to take this new hobby with me on vacations.

I am a newby and am confused on which GPS as an entry level unit. I am considering the Magellan 210 or the Garmin Legend. Any suggestions out there? Also, what do you do if you go to Hawaii or a Caribbean Island? Do you get good enough points to really find the caches? I am hoping to take this new hobby with me on vacations.

Ive owned both units and they are both wonderful. the true cheap entry unit, is a yellow etrex but u'll definately get some useful bells and wistles with a legend or explorist 210.

havin said that you'll never have a real answer on which is better. it becomes a debate on which company is better magellan or garmin (and that debate will be settled the day after we decide whether pc or macs are better)

personally i use the explorist 210 as my primary GPSr

i believe in USED GPSrs, especially for entry level situations because your still testing the water so why not get a deal. also GPSr tend to be incredibly durable so a used one should be in excllent shape. i therefore would suggest a legend because they have been around a little longer and will be cheaper. i got mine for 92 (after shipping) on ebay.

you should get good signal in vacation areas, i alway have but others with more travel experience will do a better job of answerin that one than me.