Container Types

DadAndTheBoys

We are new to Geocaching, today was only our second trip. Reading thru the descriptions of some of the caches we see different types of containers listed (decon container, ammo container, etc). Is there somewhere that lists what these containers look like? It would be very helpful if we knew what we were looking for. Thanks!

We are new to Geocaching, today was only our second trip. Reading thru the descriptions of some of the caches we see different types of containers listed (decon container, ammo container, etc). Is there somewhere that lists what these containers look like? It would be very helpful if we knew what we were looking for. Thanks!

Cache Containers

Check about half way down :laughing:

Cache Containers

Check about half way down :laughing:

Perfect, thanks!

I found a container at Target this week in the "rubbermaid" section that has locking flaps on each side. There were 3 different sizes and the one I purchased looked like it would fit about a lb. of butter (4 quarters). It cost less than $3. I took it home and using some automotive black spray paint that I had on hand, and lightly sprayed several layers over the lid and the container. Once the paint completely sets it'll make a great airtight container. Airtight is the keyword since so many containers seem to get wet inside if they really don't close/lock well. Obviously, you could leave the container clear or spray it any color that hides it well in the area it will be placed.

I found a container at Target this week in the "rubbermaid" section that has locking flaps on each side. There were 3 different sizes and the one I purchased looked like it would fit about a lb. of butter (4 quarters). It cost less than $3. I took it home and using some automotive black spray paint that I had on hand, and lightly sprayed several layers over the lid and the container. Once the paint completely sets it'll make a great airtight container. Airtight is the keyword since so many containers seem to get wet inside if they really don't close/lock well. Obviously, you could leave the container clear or spray it any color that hides it well in the area it will be placed.

Sounds like a Lock-N-Lock.

Many of them around here are wrapped in camo tape.

You can get camo duct tape in the Home Improvement section of Walmart.

I went to ebay to see what types of "geocache containers" they had. I found evrything you could immagine. Bolts, apples, butterflies, sprinkler heads, eggs, rocks, the list goes on and on. :laughing:

I found a sprinkler head cache the other day and I would have never looked at the sprinkler head if I had not been to ebay. Some of these can be EVIL! Happy Caching.