Cache In National Park

lbp5183

I'm pretty sure it isn't allowed for the lising guidelines state:

"Caches may be quickly archived if we see the following (which is not inclusive):

* Caches on land maintained by the U.S. National Park Service or U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (National Wildlife Refuges)"

When in national parks, the only caches I've seen or heard of have been virtuals.

where i live we are on the borderline of los padres national forest. and there are TONS of caches on national forest land. it always seemed weird to me since there is that guideline. to be honest the area isnt patrolled often. ive wanted to create one up on an 4wd road but figured but decided not to.

where i live we are on the borderline of los padres national forest. and there are TONS of caches on national forest land. it always seemed weird to me since there is that guideline. to be honest the area isnt patrolled often. ive wanted to create one up on an 4wd road but figured but decided not to.

National Forests and National Parks have different rules. The National Park Service has a blanket ban on physical caches - although there are a few where the log is keep in a visitors center and thus allowed. The National Forest Service generally allows caches. The rules vary in different National Forest. Generally caches are not allowed in wilderness or ecologically sensitive areas. National Monuments may be administered by the National Park Service - in which case no caches, or by the National Forest Service or the Bureau of Land Management - which may allow caches. Its best to check with the ranger.

National Forests and National Parks have different rules. The National Park Service has a blanket ban on physical caches - although there are a few where the log is keep in a visitors center and thus allowed. The National Forest Service generally allows caches. The rules vary in different National Forest. Generally caches are not allowed in wilderness or ecologically sensitive areas. National Monuments may be administered by the National Park Service - in which case no caches, or by the National Forest Service or the Bureau of Land Management - which may allow caches. Its best to check with the ranger.

thank you, that explains alot. i dont know why i always grouped national forests and national parks. (might rethink that cache i was going to place)