Would Anybody Want To Take A Michigan Geocaching Truckdriver Out Caching Around Troutdale, Or. Or You Can Drop Off Travel Bugs Heading East.

Cass River Cachers

Hi am at the Flying J in Troutdale, OR. till 4-25-06 Tuesday morning when I deliver in Portland, OR. I would like to know if there are any geocachers that might want to take me geocaching for a hour or two around Troutdale. I would pitch in for gas and maybe a fast food lunch. I have a few travel bugs that I need to log for mileage. If for some reason you or I feel uncomfortable we'll just swap storys and that will be it. I am collecting a few travel bugs for a new cache in Michigans thumb area so you are welcome to hand them off to me. My handle is cass river cachers you can check out my profile and gallery to see my cache mobile. If you are interested send me a E-mail to waynet24@sbcglobal.net please include your handle in the E-mail I will E-mail you back with my cellphone number so you can talk to me first. I know this seems odd but it's hard getting a 70ft semi rig into some of these little parks.

Thanks again,

Wayne Taylor

Cass River Cachers

CRC

posted 4-22-06

Edited by Cass River Cachers

Hi am at the Flying J in Troutdale, OR. till 4-25-06

Hey Wayne, you might try PDXgeocaching.com. Most local folks hang out there. Good luck. -soup

Thanks for the info. I signed up but can't post any messages till I get comfirmation. I would really like to visit the plaque that started it all. I don't know if or when I would ever get out this way again.

Wayne

Didn't see your message until Sunday nite - I will be at work on Monday, so I can't help. Not sure if you have made contact with a local cacher, but you may want to rent a car for the day. That would be a good way to check out some great caches. The original cache is easy to access from the road - well worth the drive to see it. Welcome to Oregon!

Didn't see your message until Sunday nite - I will be at work on Monday, so I can't help. Not sure if you have made contact with a local cacher, but you may want to rent a car for the day. That would be a good way to check out some great caches. The original cache is easy to access from the road - well worth the drive to see it. Welcome to Oregon!

I haven't made contact with any local geocachers yet. I have a relative that lives about 50 miles from where I am at he has a GPS but has never Cached before I'll see if I can talk him into it I doubt it thoughI haven't seen him in years we will probably just have lunch. My dispatcher just said I might get sent out here every couple of weeks so maybe I can get to know some local cachers in the mean time.

Thanks,

Wayne Taylor

Cass River Cachers

Hey Wayne, you might try PDXgeocaching.com. Most local folks hang out there. Good luck. -soup

Thanks for the info. I signed up but can't post any messages till I get comfirmation. I would really like to visit the plaque that started it all. I don't know if or when I would ever get out this way again.

Wayne

Sorry I am a bit late in the day. Your account on pdxgeocaching has been activated.

Wayne

Sorry I am a bit late in the day. Your account on pdxgeocaching has been activated.

That's ok I'll post on the pdx site tomorrow.

Thanks for activating the account.

Wayne