Beeline Help, I Do Not Get All Of The Cache Info

Well I am new here, I have not even gone out for my first hunt yet. I am trying to get all the software set first. I am using a Dell Axim X30 with Beeline for Geocaching. I dowloaded some local Caches just fine. However, when I look at them on my PPC the only thing showing up in the Notes/Desription Field is the Title. No Descrition or Hints.

Any Ideas here? Or is this a limitation with Beeline?

Thanks,

Techtravler

If you become a Premium Member you will be able to do Pocket Queries. This will get you all of the information that you want.

I load the Pocket Queries into GSAK. Filter out what I want, then Export to a HTML file. You can read the HTML file with Pocket internet explorer, on your handheld.

The HTML file is sorted 10 ways. It works great. Just load open the index.html file and BAM.

Premium Membership only costs $3.00 a month. If you do not think the membership is worth it, you can cancel at any time.

If you become a Premium Member you will be able to do Pocket Queries. This will get you all of the information that you want.

I load the Pocket Queries into GSAK. Filter out what I want, then Export to a HTML file. You can read the HTML file with Pocket internet explorer, on your handheld.

The HTML file is sorted 10 ways. It works great. Just load open the index.html file and BAM.

Premium Membership only costs $3.00 a month. If you do not think the membership is worth it, you can cancel at any time.

Can this be done in one step for all the Waypoints I am sent? I do not want to edit every waypoint sepratly. Also, it would be nice to have this info right in Beeline. I do not want to open explorer and have to look for a certain waypoint.

Also, I am a premium Member

it looks like I figured it out. The .LOC Files do not have all the Desrition information. After I did a pocket query I just inported the files to beeline and all the info was there. I downloaded GSAK, but I do not see a real need for it.

The next thing I ned to figure out is Driving software that I can put Coordinates into. I need something that will get me started in the right direction. If the Waypoint is 40 Miles away, how do I know where to drive to. Beeline won't help without any maps.

it looks like I figured it out. The .LOC Files do not have all the Desrition information. After I did a pocket query I just inported the files to beeline and all the info was there. I downloaded GSAK, but I do not see a real need for it.

The next thing I ned to figure out is Driving software that I can put Coordinates into. I need something that will get me started in the right direction. If the Waypoint is 40 Miles away, how do I know where to drive to. Beeline won't help without any maps.

I only use my Pocket PC to read the HTML file. I use my Garmin 60Cx to find the cache.

I use GSAK to sort and load the files into my GPS, and to create the HTML files for my PDA.

I tried BeeLine, but went back to GSAK's HTML files for speed. I ulually have about 730 caches at a time. I know I do not need that many, but its the same effort as 50. I put a shortcut of the index.html file on my PDA's desktop. One click and all the information is available to me. I have an Axim X50v. The VGA screen makes reading the files so easy.

Larry L

Can this be done in one step for all the Waypoints I am sent? I do not want to edit every waypoint sepratly. Also, it would be nice to have this info right in Beeline. I do not want to open explorer and have to look for a certain waypoint.

Also, I am a premium Member

If you have imported a PQ into BeeLineGPS, it will show you the cache details:

screen13.gif

You can view the cache information using the HTML browser by a tap-and-hold operation on the icon in the map screen, selecting Geocaching and then Show Geocache Info.

The new BETA version of BeeLineGPS will allow you to view this directly from the Waypoint Manager. Tap-and-hold on the waypoint in the list and select "Show Geocache Info...".

:laughing:

Try Mapopolis, it's not cheap, but so, so worth it.........

Compared to other navigation software it's cheap. Most run over $150, but you can get all North American maps with Mapopolis for $99.

From the different navigation programs I've tried Mapopolis is by far the best. Nice thing with geocaching is that you can import all your caches (using GPXToMaplet) or when heading out quick you can just enter lat/long. Works great to see where a cache is located.

I also have to give props to BeeLineGPS. It's definately my preferred software...

-al