Cache Logging

family232

When logging a found cache, what is the purpose of adding a waypoint to the log?

for different reasons, ive used this feature in two situations

1. when the coordinates presented by on the cache page are least 50 ft off and i have an acurracy of 13 or better.

2. one time there was a thing about the parking lots used to get to a cache so i posted the coordinates to the parking lot i used.

i'm sure a more experienced user will be able to give you quite a few more examples.

When logging a found cache, what is the purpose of adding a waypoint to the log?

Originally, the option to add a waypoint to a log was meant for locationless caches. All locationless caches have now been archived, having been replaced by Waymarking. Some people use the capability of adding a waypoint to post corrected coordinates when the posted coordinates are way off. Don't post the coordinates for a puzzle cache or the final of a multi-cache.

Just be sure if posting coordinates, you indicate what they were for so others who are reading your log know what you meant (parking, final location coord update, beautiful view, etc.). And ... if posting a picture of a view, etc. I would suggest attaching the waypoint to that picture instead of the main log.

Edited by Lasagna