60cs Tutorial?.....

willyum

I am a very basic GPS user who would like to learn the more advanced features.

Are there any tutorials out there that really break down the 60CS and all it's features and how they would be used. The manual tells me how to turn different features on and off but for example if I reset my elevations data by the end of the week it wil say stuff like ..max elevation 9000 ft.....I live in Queens, NY......I did not go up 9000 ft. My unit is not broken because is shows the proper current elevation...I'm just not understanding where it gets different values.

I basically nee a '60CS for Dummies' with a little general sience thrown in.

thanx for the response, I'm not as novice as I thought (got 75% right answers)

I think I may have given the wrong impression, I'm looking for a guide that focus's more on the 60cs's interaction with nature...I should probably get the GPS for dummies book because I'm sure it will also break down barometric pressures, altimeters and how they work with figuring information on a gps....I was just hoping for something a little more focused on the 60C series

world famous in Belgium and the Netherlands over a 1000 copies downloaded over the various editions.

It is very practical in using options; all with print screens.

on the road, on water, in the air in varoius applications the good data fields and pages.

the only thing you have to do if you are interested in a subject is change your language to NEDERLANDS to get the data on the gps you see on the page and change the language back to english to see what it means for you in english.

i get mails dailly ..... for the download url.

it took some time to make it and that is the reason why i stopped making the same in English...

http://rapidshare.de/files/14771279/60_cs_...in_one.doc.html

double click / scroll down / take the FREE button / wait 30 seconds / then you get a number to download

cheers

D

Dear Willyum

You can't change the language in Word.

Just copy what you see in the word on your GPS pages and data fields, setup

in NEDERLANDS see Main page/ setup/ system / language

After that you put the language in your gps back to English; then you understand what the data mean;

Let me give you a few tips;

Main menu/ setup/ ;

- welcome mesage; put your name and address in it and lat/lon

-page seq + datafields

satellite

map; time to dest and distance to dest ;setup map;orientation track up.

compass; heading, course, dist to next, accuracy; compass on

altimeter; ambient pres., elavation;plot barometer Setup altimeter; allways on (weather)

now you can drive by car, walk and see the weather.

Heading is importent if you see your accuracy is worse and you saw your last course when the satellite lost reception; your last course is to maintain in heading with the compass on.

Last distance; you know how far to go.

Most of the time reception will come back before you are at destination.

When this is not to be expected (heavy tree cover or mountains) ; use sign and go with your last course.

Sign and Go can only be started with reception; now you walk on Heading with a bearing pointer when reception is lost.

setup Heading; degrees, true, switch to compass 3km, 90 sec.

Now your GPS is well setup; try the rest this way with chancing the language.

To translate this doc will cost me to much time.

For you a good practice to dug into it.

Thats how i did it.

I was not born with it, just played around and put in a word doc.

lots of fun.

greatz.

Edited by dusee