"replacement" Of Broken 60csx - Is This Garmin's Sop?

TracknQ

I bought my GPSMAP 60CSx on March 29. On April 11, the 60CSx started showing -4,921 foot and +98,422 foot elevations while being used between sea level and < 300 feet. (I and others have reported this altimeter fault in another thread at Groundspeak Forums.)

On April 13, I got an RMA and shipped the 60CSx back to Garmin via 2nd Day Air at my cost.

Yesterday (April 21), I received a shipping carton from Garmin. Inside the carton was a box containing a GPSMAP 60Cx, not a 60CSx. The box containing the 60Cx appears to be brand new and shows "GPSMAP 60Cx" on its front, back, sides, top and bottom. Part Number 010-00421-02 appears on the bottom of the box.

The Service Report and shipping papers in the shipping carton described the replacement unit as a GPSMAP 60CSx, with Part Number 011-01182-10. The Service Report said: "Unit acquired satellites. Unit passes all tests and is operating within normal limits."

The serial number shown on the Service Report and shipping papers as the serial number of the replacement 60CSx matched the serial number on the top of the 60Cx box.

Has anyone else experienced this upsetting flub?

TracknQ

Edited by TracknQ

I am sure that this is just a simple human error that someone grabbed the wrong box when packing your return. They will make it right.

Certainly frustrating, but I have had excellent service when dealing with Garmin. They sent me a brand new in the box 60CS last week after doing warranty work for free AFTER the warranty had technically expired. This let me sell the new unit and upgrade to a CSX!