Ms S&t Problem

We can get to a cache and stand right next to it, but the coordinates are WAY off - not just a little. If I drive to the coordinates listed on the GeoCache information, I am many MILES away from it.

Is there something I need to do to reset or initialize my coordinates? Or is it just that I'm using Microsoft??? We love Geocaching, having tried it 6 months ago and just picked it up again. We just read what you say about where the cache is and figure it out and just go. So far we've only found 1, but it was a hoot. I'd love to be able to do this by GPS.

Thanks for any directions you can offer me to search for answers.

PcGuardmomma

"Linda" :laughing:

We can get to a cache and stand right next to it, but the coordinates are WAY off - not just a little. If I drive to the coordinates listed on the GeoCache information, I am many MILES away from it.

Is there something I need to do to reset or initialize my coordinates? Or is it just that I'm using Microsoft??? We love Geocaching, having tried it 6 months ago and just picked it up again. We just read what you say about where the cache is and figure it out and just go. So far we've only found 1, but it was a hoot. I'd love to be able to do this by GPS.

Thanks for any directions you can offer me to search for answers.

PcGuardmomma

"Linda" :laughing:

Linda - what make and model GPS do you have, and how does "Microsoft" get into the discussion?

It sounds like your trying to cache without a gps, if so you'll have to change the cordinates you get from geocaching

The cordinates for geocaching are deg/min/mmm, the cordinates on streets and trips are deg/ddddd,

if your trying to use streets and trips to find caches you'll have to change the geocaching cordinates to the same as streets and trips

It sounds like your trying to cache without a gps, if so you'll have to change the cordinates you get from geocaching

The cordinates for geocaching are deg/min/mmm, the cordinates on streets and trips are deg/ddddd,

if your trying to use streets and trips to find caches you'll have to change the geocaching cordinates to the same as streets and trips

We are using our GPS Enabled Microsoft Streets and GPS - Using the GPS unit. We can drive up to within 10 feet of the Cache, with NO trees overhead and we are still WAY off - ie: Cache at N 41° 08.205 W 081° 37.316 However, our MS&T shows N 41° 12.488 W 081° 43.256.

I just looked at translating the GeoCache Coordinates to other codes and this is what I found.

DMS 41°8'12.1" N 81°37'19.5" W

MinDec 41°8.201666 -81°37.324999

DegDec 41.136694 -81.622083

None of these came close to matching what we were getting.

Thanks again for any information you might be able to lead me to.

The coords show approx 110 yards north of Smith rd and approx 50 west of Hickory rd.

When I convert 41.08.205 081.37.316 to Deg/ddddd here is what I get, 41.13675 081.62193

as you can see a little different then yours.

I think you should check your conversion table :lol:

Edited by vagabond