A Caching Holiday In South Africa

Myth

Hello all,

My name is Jeroen Hendriks and I'm a member of Team Myth form the Netherlands. We're planning a holiday to South Africa in July and August. We've rented a home in near Kruger National Park (Witrivier). :)

I was wondering if there are any caches around there and what is the best way to find out. Are most caches registered on GC.com or do SA cachers use other sites too? We are a family of 4, with two kids (4 and 6 years old), so late night caching is not very likely, but are there things we should know when caching in South Africa? Are there caches we should avoid? And any we must visit to make our trip complete?

Also, to celebrate this holiday, we've made a special coin (see this thread). A limited copper edition is made especially to release in South African caches this summer. So expect to find some in a few months :laughing:

Thanks for your tips and tricks.

Hi Team Myth,

We only use geocaching.com in South Africa (there may be a few Waymarks too).

You would probably pass through Johannesburg on your way to Witrivier) - here you should be able to collect a few caches as well. As the Huskies suggested, try to get into contact with Fish Eagle - they will know the area fairly well and should be able to give you some detailed information.

Enjoy your trip!

bear&fox