Snowwolf's Personal Coin, Now On Sale!

Snowwolf75

I should've mentioned in the title that this is a pre-order, so I don't confuse anyone. The referenced page does, though.

I've been pondering it and talking it over in a another thread... one of the gents at USAGeocoins contacted me with an option. After alot of emails back and forth, my dream of my personal coin is being realized. :}

http://www.usageocoins.com/snowwolf.htm

It's got tracking, a custom icon, and a glow-in-the dark moon. The first edition of the coin will be antique gold, hopefully selling at least 350 coins. Once that point is reached, a limited edition black nickel coin (50 to sell) will be made available (which, IMHO, will look better but also much more collectable).

The image on the store page seemed to get a little less precise, but the image I sent was very high quality so the coin should look very good too. Even when shrunk down to its actual size and printed out, it turns out rather well. :}

For those people that would only be interested in trades, I will have to wait and see how many sell to know whether I will have to pay thru the nose for the spares. My plan is to hold 50 of each type for trade or for my own purposes... but if I don't sell the minimum, I'm not sure how well that will pan out. Feel free to message me and I will add your name to the waiting list.

So, I've been rambling for a while... I hope you enjoy the coin and buy, buy, buy! <_<

Edited by Snowwolf75

You may want to look at the other icons that are out there. A similar paw print has been used before. Who is making your coins? I ordered three. Very nice design.

I never actually asked who the minter who.. whomever USAGeocoins uses, I would presume.

The only other pawprint I know of is Brawny Bear's, which is bear, not canid. Mine is a slight modification of the icon I've been using for my website for years (look up the details on favicon.ico sometime). One thing about miy icon is that it's transparent in places and can be seen against both a black and white background. Let me see if I can deomstrate.

Hmmm.. can't get table bbcode to work. Ah well, here's the image, which hopefully will be noticeable on the forums' background color. SnowWolf32.gif

I pre-ordered three.... will we get a confirmation of pre-order?

I honestly wouldn't know. The ordering/fufillment end of thing is out of my hands... I'll ask the person I've been working with, though, to see if he can pop in and answer.

Btw, here's a slightly reduced (for size and width) image to hopefully serve as an enticement.

Geocoin-Smaller.png

The coins are being minted by Coins and Pins in conjunction with USA Geocoins.

The people that place reservations will be e-mailed an invoice from USA Geocoins once the coins are in stock. You will not be billed before the coins are in stock.

A reservation, however, is not a guarantee that you will recieve a coin. The invoices will be sent out in order of those who reserved the earliest.

The ETA on this coin has not yet been determined. Once we have more precise dates we will let everyone know.

Thank you.

Limited edition black nickel coins should be available soon, keep watching this thread. Still hoping to sell more of the gold ones, though, which is currently over 300 in preorders.

I've recieved the die art, but some minor errors were made. Once they get fixed I will gladly show you the image.

Important notice:

After talking with my seller, a matter of confusion has come to light. The coin currently seling is Polished Gold, even though the image looks like it should be Black nickel.

When I designed the coin, I use black as a background for simplicity and because I thought the balck nickel would look better. Along the way I decided that black nickel becoming the LE would be better, as it's not as durable if the coins travel cache-to-cache.

Though there are some errors that need fixing (the pawprint is supposed to be black filled, and other things), here's the die art for the polished gold version:

DieArt-Gold.png

Hopefully everyone's been paying attention to the selling page, because it plainly says "Polished Gold" on it.

I apologize for the delay, folks. Not having the die art ready before I opened the storefront was a bad move on my part, but I hope you'll forgive me as this is my first attempt. I promise I won't make the same mistake again.

Bad news is I'm still waiting for the acknoledgment of the correction I asked for in the die art...

Good news is that on the polished gold alone we're over 500 preorders, last I heard. Once the die art is _correct_, the storefront for the black nickel will open and then hopefully we can get coins minting soon.

Finally I can post an update. After a long battle with the minter, I finally got die art that is correct!! Minting should begin soon (I hope) and invoices too.

Of course, I'l be going on vacation next week, so I hope everything goes smoothly without me. :}

Sheesh.. can't even edit my own post in my own thread. :/

Anyway, update from my seller. Minter should begin next week and, barring any problems, should be ready in 3-4 weeks. Once the coins are in the possession of the seller, invcoicing and shipping will begin.

I really appreciate everyone's patience on this. More information will be mentioned as it becomes available.

Anyway, update from my seller. Minter should begin next week and, barring any problems, should be ready in 3-4 weeks. Once the coins are in the possession of the seller, invcoicing and shipping will begin.

I really appreciate everyone's patience on this. More information will be mentioned as it becomes available.

It has been so long I think I pre-ordered but I can't remember. Is there any way to find out if I am on the list? Thanks

It has been so long I think I pre-ordered but I can't remember. Is there any way to find out if I am on the list? Thanks

send an email to support at usageocoins dot com and I'll check for you.

Thanks

Production should begin on these any day now.

The coins 'may' have their own prefix.

Those that reserved coins will be invoiced once the coins are in stock. A reservation is NOT a guarantee that you will be invoiced.

AFTER all the polished gold coins are sold THEN there will be an announcment sent to the mailing list for the Black Nickel version. No additional information on the Black Nickel version is available at this time.

Thanks

Eric K

Production should begin on these any day now.

The coins 'may' have their own prefix.

Those that reserved coins will be invoiced once the coins are in stock. A reservation is NOT a guarantee that you will be invoiced.

AFTER all the polished gold coins are sold THEN there will be an announcment sent to the mailing list for the Black Nickel version. No additional information on the Black Nickel version is available at this time.

Thanks

Eric K

Eric, on May 26th I sent a request to support at usageocoins as you suggested asking for info regarding the matter as to whether or not I ordered for this coin. I did not receive any further information or response from them. Thanks, Charlene

Well, my coins have showed up and they looked wonderful!! I created a gallery page on my website for the full pictures, but here's a few teasers:

th_BlackBack.pngth_SilverBack.pngth_GoldFront.png

The gold is the one being sold now, just for clarification. The silver had only 10 produced and I will be saving them for extra special trades/people.

The only thing I might've done differently was make the color fill on the silver coins white instead of black, but they're still quite cool, imho.

Not sure what happened but Saturday I placed a reservation for two of the Snowwolf coins. I received an invoice later for two of the Cancer coins. Thinking I must have ordered them too, I went ahead and paid the invoice. Rechecking the web site last night, I really don't see a place to order the Cancer coins. I'm thinking maybe I was invoiced for the wrong coins? Not a problem because I would keep the Cancer coins if I got them but I really wanted to reserve the Snowwolf coins. I don't want to re-reserve in case my reservation went through. Anyway to check on that?

Thanks

Well, my coins have showed up and they looked wonderful!! I created a gallery page on my website for the full pictures, but here's a few teasers:

th_BlackBack.pngth_SilverBack.pngth_GoldFront.png

The gold is the one being sold now, just for clarification. The silver had only 10 produced and I will be saving them for extra special trades/people.

The only thing I might've done differently was make the color fill on the silver coins white instead of black, but they're still quite cool, imho.

Your coin turned out great, very well done just pre-oreded 2 thx.