Civil War Series Geocoins

wandering360

If your Going to make a Civil War Geocoin Series then make them and have a website that people can buy them for a set price. You made these coins and are selling them on Ebay to the highest bidder. You need to change these coins to personal geocoins if that is how you opperate. I'm sure people would not buy your coins if they knew they where just personal geocoins.

Which eBay auction are you talking about? The two auctions that I see being offered by the coin designer are selling the coins for $6.50 each shipped, which is a really good price. The auctions you're looking at might be others who have bought the coin and are now reselling them.

While I am not crazy about the coins I would certainly NOT call the civil war coins a scam. The creator of this coin is not someone I would bad mouth. These coins were sold a long time ago on several different sites and he did not JUST put them on ebay, if he did at all. I would get all of my facts straight before you come in here blasting someone.

Your next post should really start with an apology.

If your Going to make a Civil War Geocoin Series then make them and have a website that people can buy them for a set price. You made these coins and are selling them on Ebay to the highest bidder. You need to change these coins to personal geocoins if that is how you opperate. I'm sure people would not buy your coins if they knew they where just personal geocoins.

If your going to flame somebody get your crap together.

www.civilwargeocoins.com, you can buy the coins for a set price, I put 50 coins on ebay at a set price of $6.50 so that people would not pay more than they could buy the coins for elsewhere. The price is slightly higher to cover the ebay costs.

AG, sorry your not happy with the coins. Thanks for the defense from the rest of you. <_<

www.civilwargeocoins.com, you can buy the coins for a set price, I put 50 coins on ebay at a set price of $6.50 so that people would not pay more than they could buy the coins for elsewhere. The price is slightly higher to cover the ebay costs.

AG, sorry your not happy with the coins. Thanks for the defense from the rest of you.

I went to the site and the first two must be the only ones released so far. Hopefully, I will be able to get a complete set. Glen

I am personally aquainted with Printr1, and I know for a fact he wouldn't scam anyone. Before you come on to a site and start spewing hate and half truths you should check your information. If this taste of truth bothers you, I'm sorry get some thicker skin.

Bone1977

Um.....like everyone else has said these coins are on the up and up.

Ptrnr1 did everything possible to inform the geocoin collecting community about these coins. He listed them for sale on Coin Tracking and made a web site and started a thread here in the forums to let people know about them. He even went one step further than most folks and listed some on eBay at a low price to help stop the high price auctions.

You should apologize.

I bought my civil war LEs from cointracking.com at a very reasonable price -- 5.75 plus only .60 for shipping. In fact, I think it is one of the cheapest coins that were being offered at that time and was well below what the average coin today is selling for.

We have two of the coins and like them. Our big problem is getting the activation code. We have been trying for three days at http://www.geocoinclub.com/code.php and get this message: The submitted code does not exist in the database. If you believe this is in error email info@geocoinclub.com. We have sent three emails and as yet have no answers.

Something must be up with the code activation site for geocoinstore for I cannot get the code for my Admin Brick either. I get the same error message.

on the other Civil War coins topic, Rusty has come forth and stated they were having a problem with the activation codes, and if you would send him an email, he will email you the activation codes. I did it and it took him less than a couple of hours and my coins are activated. Thanks to prntr1 for producing an affordable coin and not trying to gouge cachers by selling these coins at inflated prices as some ebayers do.

tdecell

Gotta say I just don't understand the few here who love to take shots at coin makers. Most people who make coins are doing the best they can to do it right and do it well. A little grace would go a long way here.

Still waiting on my coins, but do I think they will show up? Sure,

Do I think that if they don't show up the seller will make it right? Sure

Were they a little slow in coming? yep, but they are here?

Would I buy more in the series? Gotta see the first ones, but I like the idea so with 90% probabiliy I am in for more.

It is a geat idea for a series. Honestly, there is not a requirement to put any coin up on the forums, or any place else for that matter.

We can each agree or disagree about the design, quality, etc. (to each his own - no big deal), but I certainly believe Prntr1 handled the sale of these coins and all the communications around them just fine.

You should really line up your facts and maybe even send a private email to the person you have an issue with before jumping in here trying to take someone to task.

We have two of the coins and like them. Our big problem is getting the activation code. We have been trying for three days at http://www.geocoinclub.com/code.php and get this message: The submitted code does not exist in the database. If you believe this is in error email info@geocoinclub.com. We have sent three emails and as yet have no answers.

Using the info in the other thread

So... and I may regret this... if you need a code you can email me either through my profile or direct rusty at personalgeocoins.com

we promptly recieved our codes. Thanks....poppy

Codes are all fixed up on coins 1-4, coins 3 & 4 are on sale now at civilwargeocoins.com and shipping as they are ordered :)

Sorry for the trouble about the codes.

I am doing a sorry job of running a scam <_<

I find it interesting that the OP has not yet chimed back in, but did email me asking for a full set :)

However, as kealia pointed out in the original thread, you need thick skin in here and all is well that ends well.