Any Roadgeeks Out There?

I like the idea if it's possible to stop and safely photograph such things. Here in North Carolina, the state doesn't seem too big on putting up such termini signs.

I think it important that any such category specify what kinds of "end of..." signs are allowed.

You don't want to wind up with hundreds of run-of-the-mill "Dead End" signs in every podunk town. That'd be boring. Termini of state highways, interstates, turnpikes - that sort of stuff would be good.

Let me know when you form a group.

Oops, I should have been more explicit.

I was thinking along the lines of signs like this:

oh123-n.jpg

end101s_oly.jpg

Not all jurisdictions are good at putting these up.

And definitely, I wouldn't want people stopping their cars to take coordinates at dangerous locations to take coordinates such as this:

i-040_et_05.jpg

So I'm a minor Roadgeek, and I've been thinking (pretty much since I got into Waymarking) about having a "Signed Route Termini" category. Y'know, for all those "END US 20" sign arrays and whatnot. Are there people interested in that? I've got a group (Roadgeeks) set up if anyone is. More importantly, are there other Roadgeeky things that people would like seen turned into groups?

I'm not sure I see the point of this category, but we have other "sign" categories, so if this is your roadgeek thing, go for it! I certainly wouldn't vote against it.

Best thing is to from a group for management (send invitations and/or post for open enrollment), create your category and submit it for peer review. Let me know if you need help with the process. ~~silverquil