Search Options - 50 Mile Limit

ALOFT23

Recently, I noticed that the radius of caches displayed from your home co-ordinates was reduced from 100 miles to 50 miles. This change has made it more difficult to plan a day of caching. If I lived near a big city with lots of active geocachers, then a 50 mile circle would be sufficient, but I live out in a rural area with no major cities within 50 miles.. Currently, my 50 mile circle has 20 caches spread out in a 360 degree arc. Nearly every weekend we start by driving 50-90 miles to get started on the day's activities. Do I have any options in adjusting that range back to 100 miles on my account page? Those of us who are living in rural/isolated areas would benefit from a 100 mile range option.

For me to go 50 miles out from my zipcode, I had to go through 98 pages of caches. I then selected the farthest cache West and clicked on "Find all nearby caches". I went through 118 pages to find the farthest one West. That put me out 100 miles. There was alot of duplication since it showed caches that I was passing. That's the hard way to get out 100 miles or more. The easy way is to get the zipcode of the area you want to go to and use that as your starting point.

Check your phone book or usps.com for zipcodes.

Recently, I noticed that the radius of caches displayed from your home co-ordinates was reduced from 100 miles to 50 miles. This change has made it more difficult to plan a day of caching. If I lived near a big city with lots of active geocachers, then a 50 mile circle would be sufficient, but I live out in a rural area with no major cities within 50 miles.. Currently, my 50 mile circle has 20 caches spread out in a 360 degree arc. Nearly every weekend we start by driving 50-90 miles to get started on the day's activities. Do I have any options in adjusting that range back to 100 miles on my account page? Those of us who are living in rural/isolated areas would benefit from a 100 mile range option.

add &dist=100 to the end of the URL for your search page and then bookmark it.