How Much Memory Are You Using In Your 60csx?

60cx, 128mb uSD. I have 1/2 (duluth down to the lacross/rochester, west of the twincities) of minnesota, about 1/3 of northwest WI, st. louis, southern IL, austin tx, part of iowa, and lots of downtown sanfrancisco. Using cityselect 7, and maps take about 72MB

Here are the details taken from mapsource

Alton, Illinois City Select North America v7 559 KB

Apple Valley, Minnesota City Select North America v7 295 KB

Ashland, Wisconsin City Select North America v7 1.62 MB

Austin, Minnesota City Select North America v7 962 KB

Austin, Texas City Select North America v7 2.69 MB

Ballwin, Missouri City Select North America v7 1.67 MB

Belleville, Illinois City Select North America v7 2.34 MB

Bemidji, Minnesota City Select North America v7 557 KB

Brainerd, Minnesota City Select North America v7 953 KB

Brooklyn Park, Minnesota City Select North America v7 2.61 MB

Cambridge, Minnesota City Select North America v7 297 KB

Cape Girardeau, Missouri City Select North America v7 3.51 MB

Catawba, Wisconsin City Select North America v7 493 KB

Chaska, Minnesota City Select North America v7 909 KB

Concord, California City Select North America v7 1.47 MB

De Soto, Missouri City Select North America v7 724 KB

Duluth, Minnesota City Select North America v7 1.10 MB

Eau Claire, Wisconsin City Select North America v7 1.45 MB

Elk River, Minnesota City Select North America v7 774 KB

Fairmont, Minnesota City Select North America v7 773 KB

Faribault, Minnesota City Select North America v7 479 KB

Farmington, Missouri City Select North America v7 2.78 MB

Florissant, Missouri City Select North America v7 582 KB

Grand Rapids, Minnesota City Select North America v7 504 KB

Hayward, California City Select North America v7 1.20 MB

Hibbing, Minnesota City Select North America v7 652 KB

Kirkwood, Missouri City Select North America v7 2.24 MB

La Crosse, Wisconsin City Select North America v7 2.50 MB

Mankato, Minnesota City Select North America v7 494 KB

Mason City, Iowa City Select North America v7 0.99 MB

McGregor, Minnesota City Select North America v7 540 KB

Milaca, Minnesota City Select North America v7 219 KB

Mill Valley, California City Select North America v7 550 KB

Minneapolis, Minnesota City Select North America v7 1.77 MB

Mt Vernon, Illinois City Select North America v7 1.35 MB

New Ulm, Minnesota City Select North America v7 951 KB

North St. Paul, Minnesota City Select North America v7 1.50 MB

Oakland, California City Select North America v7 2.18 MB

Oakville, Missouri City Select North America v7 968 KB

Prior Lake, Minnesota City Select North America v7 366 KB

Rice Lake, Wisconsin City Select North America v7 937 KB

Rochester, Minnesota City Select North America v7 1.95 MB

San Jose, California City Select North America v7 2.88 MB

South San Francisco, California City Select North America v7 1.48 MB

St. Cloud, Minnesota City Select North America v7 1.44 MB

St. Louis, Missouri City Select North America v7 1.15 MB

St. Paul, Minnesota City Select North America v7 1.51 MB

Sunnyvale, California City Select North America v7 1.80 MB

Still debating whether or not I really need a 1GB chip. How do you check how full it is again? How much memory are you using? Right now I have CA and NV topo maps loaded, will eventually get CitySelect or whatever installed too.

I'm using a 1gb SanDisk flash card in my 60Cx. I have put in US topo's, City Navigator 6 and Topo 24 K Western. Total space used is 946 MB.

It all works fine.

Barrikady

I'm just using the included 64MB chip until the 2GB chips are out and the price drops. I may pick up a 512 or 256 if I can get one very cheap between now and then.

Even though it is nothing to brag about, the slight increase over my 60CS is pleasant enough as it allows me to load some additional topo maps along with the street maps I normally keep loaded.

It's ok since I am not going to be doing a LOT of travelling over the next few months and don't really *need* the higher capacity.

I am very much looking forward to dumping vast quantities of both CS/CN and topo maps onto it though.

I'm just using the included 64MB chip until the 2GB chips are out and the price drops. I may pick up a 512 or 256 if I can get one very cheap between now and then.

Even though it is nothing to brag about, the slight increase over my 60CS is pleasant enough as it allows me to load some additional topo maps along with the street maps I normally keep loaded.

It's ok since I am not going to be doing a LOT of travelling over the next few months and don't really *need* the higher capacity.

I am very much looking forward to dumping vast quantities of both CS/CN and topo maps onto it though.

That was my thought. I managed to get lucky and get the 128mb sandisk at circuit city for 5 bucks after MIR. I thought it was too good to pass up.

In all honesty, most of the maps I have loaded I don't need, since I go to SFO, texas, st. louis/southern IL once a year. Having the space makes it nice from the lazy perspective. I am contemplating getting topo maps, so we'll see how I feel then.

I have a 60csx with a 512mb card. I'm not gonna give a list of each individual map but here is what I have in general:

World Map v4 Covering all of North America

Topo Map 100k for Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado

City Select For all of the southwestern united states and all of california

More detailed map of Sonora Mexico

Super detailed topo map of an area called Granite Mountain.

~3000 custom POIs

That takes up about 440mb. I love it, just today I drove up a mountain for a rock climb on the City Select map, then hid it and hiked to the climb with the topo.

Edited by -Oz-

Ive now used up 96% on a 1GB card when the track log is empty. Entire east coast of US and Canada for CitySelect, Topo, and Tides. To check amount of space used on your card, go to tracks, setup, data card setup...the % is shown after the last click along with tracks saved in gpx on the card.

What I want is the entire city select mapset in my card..2GB. What I have now is the 1GB card and half the us installed. I do travel for work so I need boston to huntsville to el paso and more.

What I need is really much less since USB allows much faster map loading. With the bigger cards your buying convenience.

Honestly, what you need is the abiltiy to have everymap installed from your orgin to destination so that autorouting can work correctly. Only you know how much memory you absolutly need.

I have a 512 in mine. I would have liked to have got a 1 gig card but I ran into a deal on this 512 at Staples that I couldn't pass up. With rebates coupons and a sale I got the card for $5 and change! Right now I have about 450 mb of maps on it.

Edited by kb9nvh

Maybe I am mistaken, but when I try to load more than 1000 maps into my 60Csx, MapSource won't let me.

I currently have 1000 maps loaded and it took about 460 MB of my 512 chip. If I TRY to load that 1001st map, Mapsource just won't do it, and since Garmin has no upgrades past 6.10.2, I suspect you all have pretty much the same issue.

Unless I hear otherwise, 512 is plenty. I have All the maps for City Select and Topo USA loaded for the entire states of Colorado, New Mexico, North and South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, New Jersey, Delaware, Pensylvania (Eastern to Harrisberg) New York (eastern to Albany), Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. 1000 maps! Thats enough!

Maybe I am mistaken, but when I try to load more than 1000 maps into my 60Csx, MapSource won't let me.

I currently have 1000 maps loaded and it took about 460 MB of my 512 chip. If I TRY to load that 1001st map, Mapsource just won't do it, and since Garmin has no upgrades past 6.10.2, I suspect you all have pretty much the same issue.

Unless I hear otherwise, 512 is plenty. I have All the maps for City Select and Topo USA loaded for the entire states of Colorado, New Mexico, North and South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, New Jersey, Delaware, Pensylvania (Eastern to Harrisberg) New York (eastern to Albany), Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. 1000 maps! Thats enough!

The 2.62 Beta firmware allows 2000+ maps.

The 2.62 Beta firmware allows 2000+ maps.

So does the 2.60 version of firmware.

Rick