Texas Geocoin, 2006 Edition

9Key

Hello!

The 2006 Texas Geocoin is now for sale!

Its is trackable on geocaching.com and features its own icon.

For more information regarding the coin and to make a purchase please visit the TXGA online store

If you're attending GeoWoodstock be sure to choose the "pick up at event" shipping option and save a buck or two. <_<

Coin buying groups, please email me before placing an order.

The back design incorporates the the six national flags have flown over Texas since the first European exploration of the region by Cortez in 1519.

The flags are: Spain, France, Mexico, Texas as an independent nation, Texas in the Confederate States, and the United States.

This design was chosen by the members of the Texas Geocaching Association, so its as "official" as a state coin can get. :huh:

The proceeds from this coin go directly toward the cost of GeoWoodstock and other events that we hold thoughout the year.

texas2006-front.jpgtexas2006-back.jpg

Thank you!

I like this one, but then I think I'm a bit biased
Props to crake for the winning design! <_<

Here's a trivia question: While you can't see all of the stars on the US flag on the coin, how many stars were represented on the US flag when it was first hoisted over the capitol building in Austin?

If anyone would like to work in some SNL Jeopardy schtick into their answer I sure could use a laugh.

Edited by 9Key

BUZZZ!

Alex: Yes, Sean Connery

Sean: Kraven Moorehead

Alex: Mr. Connery who is Kraven Moorehead?

Sean: You are!

BUZZZ!

Alex: Yes MomofSAM

Me: What is 27.

Sean: Yes Alex has 27 boys in his bedroom.

Alex: No Sean! But yes MomofSAM is correct, there were 27 stars on the the 1st US flag to fly over Texas.

Edited by ParentsofSAM
well I was going to order one but when the shipping to Canada is more than the cost of the coin itself I'll have to pass....
I'll check into that. Something is amiss with the non-US shipping charge calulations. Its always something! :lol:

Coins are here and have begun shipping!

A couple of answers before you ask questions ~

* Orders for *only* Texas coins are shipping

* Orders combined with GeoWoodstock coins and / or shirts will not ship until after the event in June

* Here is the icon - http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=542966

* Coins are still available here - http://www.texasgeocaching.com/catalog/pro...?products_id=32

tx_front.jpgtx_back.jpg

I ordered the Texas coins only but haven't received them yet. Have they all shipped by now?

Email 9key directly. Some got mailed and then GW4 duties really picked up for him. I got the impression the rest would be shipped after the event. But please email him to confirm that.

Have all coins been shipped? We have not received ours yet.

As mentioned a few days ago. The remaining orders on these coins most likely won't ship till after GW4. And if you ordered the TX and GW4 coins together, they definitely won't ship till after the event, which was stated on the original order form.

All the Texas folks are super busy this weekend with GW4. You most likely won't get an answer from any of them here in the forums.