Geocaching Map Not Listing Found Caches

StormyApollis

I became a premium member on 4/10/6. The geocaching map has not shown any of the caches that i have logged marked as found with the check mark since. All the ones logged before 4/10 are marked with check. When identifing caches from the map, the list indicates all the caches found correctly regardless of the date. What am i doing wrong? must i update this map some how? I was under the impression it was automatic before i was a premium member.

I became a premium member on 4/10/6. The geocaching map has not shown any of the caches that i have logged marked as found with the check mark since. All the ones logged before 4/10 are marked with check. When identifing caches from the map, the list indicates all the caches found correctly regardless of the date. What am i doing wrong? must i update this map some how? I was under the impression it was automatic before i was a premium member.

Theoretically, the maps are updated once every 24 hours, but in practice due to server problems, it's once every few weeks, unless you specifically ask fot it.

Indeed, my last red check marks are for my finds of April 10th; my finds for April 11th etc. don't show.

Jeremy, could you fix it again? Thanks!

It has never been instantaneous, for all I know, but it used to be once every 24 hours, and when it occasionally didn't happen, Jeremy would apologize for the server hiccup, and fix it right away. That was good enough for me.

Updating the maps is important not only because of the checkmarks, but also because archived caches still appear, and new caches don't.

Jeremy, it's been two weeks again... Could you update the maps, either manually or by programming a computer to do it for you? :-)

Thanks!

Edited by shunra

It isn't every 24 hours because of the buggy code in the 3rd party map generation service we use. I'll run it again on Tuesday after most of the log entries of the weekend have been finished.

Tuesday's come and gone...

Last update was 16 days ago.