Does Any Proposed Category Get Voted Down?

I wonder if any proposed categories - those that have a group, have been voted on by the group, then go to peer review - have ever been voted down. Does anyone know? Some that are getting approved make me wonder.

I'm thinking about starting a completely bogus category - like "Solid Gold Decorative Kleenex Boxes" or "5000 Foot Tall Wind Chimes". I'll bet I could get a group together and get it approved.

:rolleyes:

Did the Fairy Hills category make it? <_<

Looking at the list of newest categories I can't say that any of them really don't belong in Waymarking... though my category Building Buildings is likely most peculiar and probably got the most nay votes because people don't understand the idea of construction of large buildings being interesting...

(Forgot about fairy hills... may have actually been a good category if we had an example... I still have no idea what one is!)

Did the Fairy Hills category make it? <_<

Looking at the list of newest categories I can't say that any of them really don't belong in Waymarking... though my category Building Buildings is likely most peculiar and probably got the most nay votes because people don't understand the idea of construction of large buildings being interesting...

(Forgot about fairy hills... may have actually been a good category if we had an example... I still have no idea what one is!)

I think Fairy Hills is a wonderful Category

This site has an example and there are over 70 hills

http://www.digital-brilliance.com/hyperg/history/tump.htm

Edited by chstress53

Is it just me, or did we get way off topic.

Maybe a little! <_< But my point was that the Fairy Hills Category didn't make it through peer review.

Good. So it's not quite a slam dunk with peer review.

No, not quite, but I think it's a pretty good shot.

There was a historical marker category that was also too broad and basically covered anything that mentioned the history of an area.

Of course there haven't been a whole lot of new categories yet. Once we announce the Waymarking.com web site to the rest of the community we'll see this pick up.